Thursday, February 12, 2009

Valentines Day...my most embarrasing moment!

So here it goes... For Valentines Day 2006, I decided to help the girls decorate Jake's truck with hearts and such so that he could feel properly annoyed and loved as he drove to work. Well, they colored pictures for daddy and for Brian who sat shotgun during the day. I put my own special envelope with lacey unmentionables and a note in his seat and wrote, "JAKE" on the front. The next morning he left for work and about 15 minutes later I get a call. He was laughing and blushing over the phone. He says,"Jen, you know that envelope that said "jake" on it...well...I gave it to Jake. (brother-in-law with same name!) Haha ...wait he wasn't laughing. Then I hear laughter in the background. You see he had gone to his parents house and met up with guys from work, at which point he handed out the valentines to co-workers. After Jake G. opened my Jake's Valentine and pulled out the panties in front of my mother and father and sister in law, co workers and friends...he says.. uh Jake...I think these belong to you! Now...according to eyewitnesses.. my Jake lunges accross the table and scoops up the undies, bright red...of course! After I hear this, over the phone, all I say is..I'm never going to your parents house again! Of course I had to get over it! Happy Valentines Day!

9 comments:

MelissaEaves said...

Jenni, why do these kinds of things have to happen? How embarrasing. So, I was just wondering what your plan is for this year so I can be sure to cross it off of my list:) X0X0

Adam and Jess said...

Oh my gosh, I would die!! I didn't know you had a blog. yay. I seriously feel like I keep in contact better with these things than I did before, sad but true. I love all the pictures and catching up. Talk to you soon

Travis & Wendy said...

Oh Jenni!!! That had to be the funniest moment ever and I'm so glad i got to be there to witness it. I honestly have never seen Jacob that embarrassed before. It was definitely a classic! Love ya.

Amy said...

I have laughed my head off! And now I've made a mental note to add a last name to all packages of lacy unmentionables that I leave lying around!!

JessandBen said...

Jen--

Hey there! I miss you so much. I think about you every Sunday as I watch the chorister in primary (yes, they stuck me in there with SUNBEAMS! AHHHHHHH!). I think you were the gosh darn best chorister and if I ever get the calling, I'm coming after you to get all your ideas. Anyway, hilarious story. I think next year, Jake should return the favor. hee hee.

Shelley Goodman said...

That is the best darn story i have EVER heard! Man, if I only I knew that, I could have harrassed Jake at church yesterday. hahaha, that is da bomb

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

Okay that is really a story that will go down in history. I LOVED IT!!! Such a darling cute fam you have!

Annell said...

Yah a blog! That is the funniest story I've heard in a while! You have the best ones!

Evon said...

This is way funny...I have a story about pretty panties, the next time I see you remind me to share it!!! Oh, BTW--I don't think I ever thanked you for the wedding present--it's his FAVORITE!!! lol.