Sunday, April 17, 2011

{hot} {hot} {hot}

My family has a tradition.
Before someone can marry into the family, they must perform a right of passage.
called {the hot tamale}
Basically you wrap them in several layers of blankets so tightly they can't move..
{and see how long they can last}
{if you are feeling especially feisty, you put the wool, itchy ones next to the skin}
awesome.
you may find this cruel, but we wrapped each other in hot tamales almost every Sunday.
{just for fun}
{we couldn't watch tv or play outside on sunday... I will share about toe biting wars another time....}

Jake underwent his feat of {hot tamale} after our engagement.
{he passed with flying colors}
{i can't find the pics.}
bummer.

Last Sunday the kids wanted me to wrap them in their blankets.
I realized it was time to introduce them to the hot tamale.
It brought back so many memories.
and

they {loved} it!




I decided that this is an amazing babysitting technique.
{noboody can cause any mischeif}
and
they are having fun!


viva la tamale de caliente!!!
{long live the hot tamale}
may the tradition continue...

4 comments:

Stephanie Evans said...

Haha, now I'm craving the candy now. Thanks. :)

I remember doing this at your house, except we stayed in the fetal position and covered our head. (No bueno for babies). And then thumped around until we rolled off the blankets. FUN!

Fun vaca btw. The best ones are the simple ones! Go hiking Willis'!

Cicily said...

That is so adorable, makes me want to nibble on their cheeks. Your kids are so cute.

Jenna said...

Pretty sure Emily didn't get that did she? Talk about claustrophobic!!! Fun times! Crazy Macy is that old... I thought she was like 10 months!!!!!! Time flies

Shelley Goodman said...

Hallie is lookin like a Mike n Ike:) Fun tradish. I think I was put in a hot tamale once and I think stephanie was rolled down the stairs from "the pad" as well:)