I like winter.
{because I think winter clothes are cute}
{and I really love Christmas time}
but I kinda abhore cold weather.
Jake's family planned the annual December trip to a cabin in Flagstaff a few months ago and I didn' t worry too much.
{because I am tough}
and
{because Arizona doesn't get snow before the first week in December}
like ever.
I was wrong.
As I watched and read news reports the week before our vacay, I saw was 24" of snowfall, highways closed, schools closed, etc.
{i started sweating}
...out of fear.
I hunted down snow gear at savers and random department stores and hoped for the best.
Luckily the weather report indicated that the week of our stay there would be no new snowfall.
{prayers work}
I packed as much luggage as our 3/4 truck could hold.
{there is no such thing as too many blankets or sweat pants}
and off we went!
Since we are a family of 7... and Jakes truck holds 6, Hallie and Crew shared a seatbelt.
{yes, we are THOSE people}
Tate enjoying the freedom of a booster seat.
After a stop at the oulet mall, we made it to the cabin. It was GORGEOUS!
It was huge and every detail was perfect.
We rock paper sissored and chose rooms.
{Jake and I got the bunk beds}
and then it was snow time...
Jake and chase... in their matching beanies.
{cute}
Macy ate the snow more than she played in.
After it was dark and super cold, we headed in for some cousin time.
When we woke up the next morning it was 3 degrees.
{yes, 3}
I layered everyone in a gazillion layers and we went out to play.
{because WE are tough}
sledding, snow man building, snowball fights, and even a little snow boarding!
We had loads of fun,
although Tate may hve inherited my cold weather phobia...
gingerbread trees


























No comments:
Post a Comment