Wednesday, February 16, 2011

piles of poop and target lockdown. yup, tate did it.

I have no pictures for this post.
{you will thank me}

I have been trying to potty train Tate.
he refuses.
and when tate refuses, he will NOT do it.{period}
Well, i decided to play hard ball and put him in underwear against his fit throwing demands.
Lightning Mcqueen underwear...the kind he won't want to doo doo in.
{mistake #1}
We stayed at home that morning.
 His underwear stayed clean and dry.
I was pleased as punch.
{until 7:30 am}
Crew came running into the kitchen.
"Tate got poop on the door."
Now, I can ignore alot of tatteling.
it's a talent. really.
But when the word "poop" is spoken I tune in 110%.
I ran faster than I have in a LOOOOONG time.
The smell hit me first.
I knew it wasn't good.

Tate is a bright boy.
If you had awesome undies, you don't mess in them.
You take them off first.
{obviously}

problem: he was in his bedroom {not bathroom}
solution: just doo doo on the floor. In several piles.
problem: his room is pure carpet.
solution: rub paste into carpet until it "disappears"
problem: there is NO toilet paper to clean oneself in his bedroom.
solution: wipe your hands, legs, and rear end on walls, doors, bed, and shelves.

Do you have the mental picture?
I just barfed in my mouth.
Needless to say I spent most of my morning scouring and scrubbing the pooping bandits room.
Yikes.

Next day...

Tate refused to wear 2 matching tennis shoes.
{but was wearing a diaper...I am not stupid}
{you remember what I said about Tate refusing to do something, right?}
So Tate wore one orange fast shoe and one blue one.
{whatever. battle NOT chosen}
We took Crew to preschool and I took only 2 kids to Target.
2 kids is my break.
easy peasy shopping trip.
{insert evil laughing}
I went to pick out valentines for the girls classes.
in and out kinda deal.
Tate was asking me {repeatedly} to open a box of toy story candy for him.
I told him 700 times a variation of "we have to buy it first. you need to wait."
Each time he pouted and asked again.
Until once.
I spun around and he was gone.
like vanished in 20 seconds or less.
Tate is a hider...and a wanderer, so I didn't panic right away.
I sauntered around saying, "come out now." "let's go!"
After a few minutes I realized this was serious business.
So I , like a good parent, walk to the nearest khaki and red wearing person and say, "I lost my son. But he is a hider, so I need help."
Lady runs to get someone with a walkie talkie and I continue searching and calling.
Why did I have to go to Super Target? It is huge.
Panic really sets in. Usually after this long he would have peeked out.
{it has been minutes. lots of them.}
Walkie talkie man runs back to me and asks for a description.
I felt surreal as I tell them, "caucasion male, black hair,  3 years old, white shirt,  jeans, AND 2 different tennis shoes."
{classy}
{most likely holding a box of to story candy}

The target team searches. I hear walkie talkies all around me repeating his description.
Macy is singing as happy as can be in the cart.
I lay on the floor looking under racks and other "good hiding spots".
After several minutes I hear them say over the walkie.
"close all exits"
Yup, they shut the place down.
Within a minute or so of that a man runs up to me and says, "we found him safe"
I followed him up to the front sobbing.
{classy}
There is my blue and orange shoe little boy.
{smiling}
I hugged that rotten little man and cried like a baby.
I guess I really do love him :)
I hoped for some remorse, maybe a tearful reunion...
all I got was...
"I was hiding and then I got a sticker...but that girl {insert pointing} won't open this candy."
{same stinkin toy story candy we have been asking about for 30 minutes}
The employee who found him said he wandered out from inside a clothing reel and asked her to open the candy. When she replied "no." he tried to wander back to his hiding spot, but she bribed him to stay with a sticker.
{we bought the toy story candy and valentines and left.}
and we lived through another day.

i heart kid leashes.

oh Tater tot!!!!!

7 comments:

Cicily said...

Wow! I don't have any other words, wow.

Shelley Goodman said...

Oh poop, that is crappy! Haha. At least you didn't have to throw away a brand new pair of undies:) You probably didn't even raise your voice during both situations either. I was at Target last night and was totally thinking about you.

Jenna said...

Jen you really have your hands full with him!!
He sounds quite sneaky:) I bet you can hardly wait
For his teenage years! Good thing he's so cute!!!
He will probably mellow out in the next few years! I mean look how good Damon turned out:)

Amy said...

Laughing, laughing, laughing my brains out!! Oh, that Tate has just a little bit of Lines in him. So glad I'm not your visiting teacher who rang the doorbell in the middle of it and felt inclined to help out. See, no guilt - I live too far away.

Stephanie Evans said...

OK ,I thought because he pooped in target, they had to shut it down! Nope, two separate stories... and man I love your stories. The best is that he emerged from hiding only to request help opening the candy, then he was outie again. What a prankster

Alyssa said...

I have had the same poop story happen to me. I had put Casen down for a nap, but didnt realize until and hour and a half later that he never went to bed, he had taken off his pants and smeared poo everywhere and was just playing in it. That was a horrible day. When I ready your heading for this post I was expecting to read about Tate pooping all over Target and that being the reason why they locked it down. Haha! Gotta love being a mother!

Anonymous said...

I read this to Jared - because it was too good not to share. I think we were both dry heaving a little. Then he laughed and said how much he doesn't miss those days. ;)