Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy new year 2012!

On the last day of 1999, I was heading out the door for a night of fun with a group of friends.
My mom was more than a little paranoid about the whole y2k situation and was concerned that I needed to be within walking distance of my house when the new year hit... Since cars would no longer work.
{insert sarcasm}
I ended up at a friends house less than 2 blocks away.
 At midnight I called home, as directed, to tell them where I was.
( and to be sure our computer, phone lines, and electricity hadn't self destructed )
{he he}
My dad answered the phone after midnight with more jubilance than most have in mid day...
{or ever}
"happy new year 2000!!!"

We laughed like crazy... For months.

And that's when it began.
Every holiday you could imagine, had the year stuck onto the end.
" happy leap day 2000"
Happy valentines day 2000
Happy flag day 2000... Etc.

It never got old.

So this year the tradition lives on still.
(12 years later).

Happy new year 2012!
{add over the top excitement, and maybe a thumbs up}

This is how we celebrated...

A mall trip, quad riding, sumo pillow fights and playing in the leaves in the front yard.

( kinda perfect , if you ask me)

Good start to a great year!

No comments: