{aka hell froze over}
We got this 90 lb dinosaur a few weeks ago.
I know, a pet?
At the Willis household?
What the?
Believe you me, I'm just as bewildered.
I mean, I was in on the planning and Craigslist searching... All 1hour of it.
But it's still surreal that I actually agreed.
(And that 3 weeks later it still resides here)
Here's the background:
I told ashlinn that we could start talking about getting a dog when she turns 10.
(She turns 10 in 30 days)
I began to panic.
I knew, without a doubt, that we would never, ever be getting a dog.
I just despise them.
(In a super nice way)
So, a turtle, excuse me, tortoise, was the compromise.
It lives outside, eats grass, makes no noise, can't sneak inside, doesn't have fur, only drinks a small amount of water and pretty much is the very least maintainace pet a person can own.
Sooo, that's why it is ours.
It is a really dumb tortoise.
(Also, in a super nice way)
It has knocked a big tool box into our water main... And broke it.
(So water was spraying and we had to turn off all the water to our house for half a day)
It destroys its handmade tortoise habitat... Almost daily.
And it digs holes in our yard.
(Like a gopher)
Do I love ignacho?
(The clever blend of nacho and Ignacio)
I wouldn't go with love, but I defs tolerate him.
Aaaaand, I love the way my kids love him.
They still don't even complain about shoveling his doo doo.
I guess this guy might stay a while.










1 comment:
I'm just glad I'm not the only one was isn't crazy about the pet idea. Gage keeps asking and asking for a pet and I keep saying "maybe some day". He came home the other day and was seriously worried that he'd disappoint the kids in his class when he's student of the wk, for not bringing in a pet. Oh boy. We need to get together again soon. Time flies and I miss you girls.
Post a Comment