Thursday, September 26, 2013

Surprise lunch date.

One handsome 1st grader was having a seriously tough morning/few days.
I was so frustrated and exhausted by the time I dropped him off at school on Friday morning. I called jake and explained my feelings. I didn't know what to do!!
He wisely said, "go pick him up from school and take him out to lunch. He needs it."
So within a few hours, I was looking at this smiling and surprised little boy.
And guess what?
He did need it.
And so did I.
We needed to just laugh and have one on one talks... Without homework or chores to get in the way.
I love this boy.
He can make my heart melt like nobody's business. 
And I am pretty sure he likes me back.
Lucky me!






















1 comment:

Amy said...

Hooray for lunch dates and remembering the sweet parts of why you love him.