Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Willis' do hard things.

For the past 3 years, our family has ridden the "meal rollercoaster" with Crew.  There are days where he will decide he doesn't like a food (even if he liked it the day before) and then refuses to take even one bite. As previously mentioned on this blogity blog, if I spoon a bite  into his mouth, (or make him take a bite himself) he will literally hold it there for hours... And hours.
Over the past 2 weeks, this has happened 6 different nights.
(Insert me pulling my hair out) 
No amount of bribery or consequence will change anything. 
It is impossible as a parent to allow one child to choose not to eat, while expecting the others to stick to the "no thank you bite" rule.
Jake and I have prayed and had very rational talks with crew about this. Each time it seemed to be without any change.
We really felt like this food stuff was manifesting in a lot if areas. The attitude of, "I don't want to, so I won't." Was getting to be out of control.
 We needed a miracle. 

Before you get all "Debbie downer post" on this, hold on!
I have some good news.
Last night for the very first time in crews entire amusement park, eating experience, he swallowed food.... That he didn't want to eat.
(Please gasp in awe)
While making dinner he had decided he wasn't eating.
With an entire family of cheerleaders, a prayer for Heavenly help, and a lot of "I can do hard things" pep talks... He did it.
I promise there were jazz hands... Both nights. 
I asked my toothless boy over and over, "who does hard things?" 
Each time I got a full smile of missing teeth, sparkling eyes, and a thumb pointing at his chest. "I do!!! "
That's right Crew Willis.
You can do hard things.
You're a Willis.
Willis' do hard things. Together.
We're a team. 


The little things are really the big things.

And this boy couldn't be any more handsome.

1 comment:

Stephanie Evans said...

YAY CREW!!! Seriously fantastic news. (The things parents cheer for...) ;) the food roller coaster is my least favorite coaster. Super happy for you!