Just in case you were wondering how big a baby bump can grow in only 16 weeks... Here ya go.
According to my nifty phone app, our baby is now 6.25 inches.
It's body and organs are fully formed and will just continue to grow and gain weight for the next 24 weeks.
(And so will I)
We are going in for our ultrasound in 2 weeks, but we are hoping not to find out our babies gender then. We want the ultrasound tech to write it down, put it in an envelope, then we will wrap it and put it under our Christmas tree... To open Christmas morning as a family.
Our kids are every bit as excited as we are to have a new baby and we want to make sure they are part of all of the fun!
I still have "morning sickness" a few days a week. I am starting to be able to eat more food variety now.
( my "no way" list was getting quite extensive)
I still can't chew gum, brush my teeth, or eat peanut butter or chocolate without dry heaving... Or wet heaving.
I am hoping to get some energy again soon.
(Since laundry and brushing teeth don't actually count as exercise)
I am not someone who LOVES pregnancy.
I get crazy emotional and most of the time I feel like a stranger to myself.
I actually think several times a week {day}, "I miss Jenni!"
Not complaining though. :)
Im not someone who gets "the glow", but I know this is what Heavenly Father wants for our family right now.
And that is what really matters.
As with most things, watching my kids excitement makes this even more fun.
Not a single family prayer is said without blessing our new baby… and at least one child kissing my belly.
Maybe this is one reason Heavenly Father wanted our kids to be a little older before this wee one was coming.
Hopefully they will remember more of this experience.
They understand more and are crazy thrilled to be helpers.
{lets hope that stays for a while}
4 months down.
Is it May yet?
I can't wait to hold our baby!!


No comments:
Post a Comment