I may be the Halloween equivalent of Scrooge, but its not my holiday.
{I might, actually, like Presidents day better}
{no school, no expectations, just fun}
You see my angle?
Don't worry though!!
I LOVE getting my kids into costumes and seeing their excitement about trick or treating.
I love hearing them talk about their costumes as if they will actually be that character for a night… and their belief that a bucket of candy could save the world.
{if they can only keep their lives so simple forever}
{the rest of it can go to a black abiss though}
And obvs I mean that in a super sweet way.
We went to Trunk or Treat this year in Mesa with the Willis cousins.
{and then a bonus trick or treating down our street}
We got home in time to dig through the loot and pick out the ones they want to keep.
{all 20 pieces}
We bagged up the rest and sent it to their teachers.
Being pregnant actually made this Halloween a tad hilarious.
The smell of chocolate, peanut butter, or peanuts made me puke.
The kids dumping out their candy bags on the table was close to the death of me.
Usually I dig for their snickers, this year, not a chance.
{i bet that will be different next year… darn it}
The calories my chocolate aversion has saved me are adding up.
Wait, that was a tangent, back to Halloween.
{and how its not my fave flave}
Don't lose hope over my dislike, these faces in costumes make me want to celebrate this unloved Holiday again next year.







1 comment:
How great are your in laws??!! My boys SO wanted to be ninjas too. Too bad I didn't order costumes in time :/ Ashlynn looks fabulous.
Post a Comment