Tuesday, May 10, 2011

{have you ever?}


Sometimes I feel like fabulous mom.
You know making bread, building train tracks, and swinging kids for hours at the park.
Sometimes... not so much.
Here are a few of the {not so much moments} I hope my kiddos don't holds against me.
{or the psychiatrist bills will be expensive}

1. please notice me elbowing my son in the head {on accident} while smiling for a picture. {above}
2. I once sent a child to school decked out for wacky day. Tutu, plaid pants, one braid, one pony, mismatch socks, crazy shirt. And it WASN"T wacky day. oops.
3. When trying to teach a child to listen the first time {or 2nd, 3rd or 4th} I fake left them at home when they didn't go to the car. I drove out of the driveway and parked at the neighbors. I waited 3ish minutes and went home. I think that poor kid is still horrified anytime they hear the garage door shut.
4. I once dropped my 6 week old baby face first onto my concrete floor from the couch. {on accident of course} I gave them a bloody, swollen nose. { and 1 hour of screaming} I don't think there is any permanant damage. :)
5. I sometimes act like I can't smell the poopy diaper for several minutes, just because I don't want to change it .

There are more....
many, many more.
{but}
the best part is that they still love me.
{even when I am crazy}
and hopefully they know I am doing my best.
{even when I do elbow them in the face}


Happy Mother's Day!
from, the mother of the year. :)

2 comments:

Stephanie Evans said...

Bahaha! I can relate to ALL those! Especially the smelly diaper one. Ew. One day, Collin wasn't cooperating when I was trying to get out the door, so I let him watch me from the glass screen door as I loaded up Weston, threw my purse in the car and walked around to get in. I could tell by his face, he still didn't care. He didn't think I'd really leave. Then I started the car and started backing out. Because our garage is separate from the house and behind the house, I could watch his face as I backed up. He was HYSTERICAL! He totally thought I was leaving him and I swear I've never seen him sadder. I felt bad. But it worked.

Your tummy mommy letter was so sweet. It made me think of my friend out here, Rachel Nielsen, who is adopting a baby in August. She loves to write and she would have LOVED your letter. I might have to copy and paste it to her in an email. She knows the birth mom or her soon to be child and would be likely to write something similar. I know she feels the same way.

You got to go to RS conference?!?! Lucky. Ours fell on finals weekend. No way I could escape for a few hours when Trav had to study. I was bummed. Maybe next year. Way to go Jake on holding down the fort and having a blast while doing it. Dads get all the credit from the kids :)

Shelley Goodman said...

yes, yes, yes and yes! Pretty sure have done all of those and a million more! Sometimes doing it without guilt due to being at my witts end:/ Oh the joys of motherhood! I remember somebody posting a question on their blog along the lines of, When do you know you are a stay at home mom? I think I laughed out loud when somebody put, when you lock your self in your bathroom while eating a treat so you wont have to share! I love hearing mommy stories. Pure classics:)