Tuesday, May 10, 2011

tummy moms.

dear tummy moms,
        Today is mothers day and I have thought alot about you today. Although I am eating up my snuggles, kisses, homeade cards and breakfast in bed, I can't help but think that you are somewhere, on this same mothers day, feeling completely empty. Being a mom, without the child, would be devastating. You aren't able to enjoy the tight squeezes, the toothy smiles, and sticky cheeks pressed up against yours. The baby you gave birth to can't be with you. You may not even know if they are happy and healthy.
       I have never met you. I don't know much about you, but I do know you grew, sacrificed, and gave birth to a beautiful baby.{who is now growing into an amazing child} You didn't have to do that, lots of women don't, but you made the right choice. I promise I think about your sacrifice often. I sometimes wonder if you ever look at the stretchmarks on your belly and remember and worry about them. I would.
      Although we may not ever meet, I don't want you to worry or feel unappreciated today, because you ARE appreciated, by me. I have stared into precious eyes today. I have felt loved beyond measure. My heart and hands have been full. I thank you. Thank you for your gift to me. Thank you for allowing me the priveledge of being their mommy. I can't imagine my life without them. I promise I will do my best...forever.
Thank you from the depths of my heart.
Happy Mother's Day!
love,
 the forever mom
    

No comments: