Crew had eye surgery today.
{again}
I think this time may be the last one.
{i am getting good vibes}
Sorry, I don't have any fresh pictures of his bloody, gooey eye.
Our camera was stolen.
{weird story}
and
my phone camera that actually took decent pics. no longer works.
'cuz I dropped into a toilet bowl full of my own urine.
{like pee}
and then fished it out with my bare hand,
at 4am.
and the phone still works
{but not the camera}
{with only minimal urine stains under the touch screen}
{also, weird story}
So, you get to look at old pics of my sweet crew that I haven't put on this blog before.
Some that show his crazy eye and his luscious hair.
{lucky you.}
Anyway, Crewser and I drove down to PCH at the crack of dawn.
We enjoyed some together time while we waited for surgery to begin.
He was a brave little guy.
I wasn't worried.
{he had gotten a priesthood blessing from his fab dad}
They took him into the OR and I went to the waiting room.
When the nurse came to get me after it was over she explained that he doing well, but was "aggitated".
{ I figured that fasting and then getting my eye cut open might make me "aggitated"}
SO I walk into recovery to see my little man eyes closed, laying peacefully.
{insert birds chirping}
I let him know I am there and help the nurse hold his hands down so he doesn't hurt his eye.
Then...
All heck breaks loose.
{heck was a nice word for it}
Crew in a half awake dream, starts screaming at me.
{mean things. Very mean.}
The nurse gives me the "this is what I was talking about" look.
I try to calm my boy by picking him up, rocking him, singing, etc.
He responds by punching me in the face, pinching, screaming louder, and pushing me away.
{I laid him in the bed. Guard rails up}
The kind nurse then moved us to the back.
{a private room, where my offspring wouldn't scare other children as they woke up.}
His tyraid continued...for 45 minutes.
Then the nurse helped me change my darlings clothes.
{while his fists were flying and he is SHRIEKING}
She escorted us to the door.
I hauled my 42 lb. boy out of the surgery center, accross the street, and into the parking garage.
My arms were burning as I held a boy who was OUT OF CONTROL.
Strangers were gathering as I was attempting to get to my car while my son is screaming,
" I don't love you. You are not my friend! No Mommy NO!!!!!!"
{repeated 297 times}
{oh, did I mention that he is punching, kicking and head butting}
{cuz he was}
As I use all of my might to buckle him into the carseat, I notice 2 strangers standing behind my car.
I walk to the back wondering what their beef is.
{don't mess with me, I am currently using ALL of my patience}
They thought I was kidnapping Crew.
They wrote down my license plate info, and car description and may have taken a picture of me on their cell phone... for good measure.
{they apparently hadn't dropped their camera phone into a pot of pee}
I calmly explained that he belongs to me.
He just was having a "negative reaction" to anesthesia.
I showed him my hospital arm bracelet to prove it.
They moved and let me back out of my parking spot.
{since I was not a child snatcher}
half way home crew fell completly to sleep.
{for 2.5 minutes}
and woke up the most darling, sweet, calm boy ever.
He doesn't remember any of his "anger issues".
weird.
I am glad to have my angel boy back.
That other guy didn't like me much.
Drugs are bad news.
Really bad.
{i am full of weird stories}
ps. he is healing fantastically.
he should be back to normal soon. :)
5 comments:
I'm going to suggest getting all his surgeries done before he is bigger than you. And take a Daddy along next time. That sounds like so much fun!!
Jake is in charge of surgery duty from this day forward. That is the funniest, unfunny story ever. I probably would have let the strangers have him if they were so concerned :)
I can totally see you as a kidnapper, you fit the profile perfectly:) Oh man, those were some weird crazy stories. I can't believe that the hospital let you go with him in that condition. Just to make sure he didn't start seizing in the car or something. Glad he snapped out of it quick. Man, drugs are bad news! Oh and sorry about the pee phone.
words.... kinda failing me at this point! that is beyond.... Why didn't they let you stay in the hospital until he was himself again? I guess it would have been hard to know how long it would have taken. The people thinking you were kidnapping him... well I guess they weren't in left field but I would have been annoyed to say the least! I hope you called that your work out for the day. Mom's are amazing.
Yeah...so this story is sad but funny. I would have totally had sweaty pits by that time and maybe started using bad language myself. I'm kinda judging myself for laughing at this story. But I love how you can report these things so fun-like. I can just hear your voice as you tell this story. ;) Ugh....next time you should take Jake with you. I'll come watch your kids at the crack of dawn. ;)
Post a Comment