we have had a wacky week or two.
let me begin...
When Jake got out of the car one day Hallie said,
"mom, look, I can drive like dad."
{yes that means texting, emailing, and steering with your knee}
{ but alas, it was me who got into an accident yesterday}
{while steering with my hands and not texting, emailing, or calling}
{the good news is that the previous damage to my car mat be repaired now too}
We completely emptied our family room.
{even those remaining curtains are gone}
Light fixtures, furniture, pictures, rug... all gone to ready for the painters...electrician...drywallers...and tile guys.
Because I am a dreamer
{and to give guidance to the electrician, we taped out where things will eventually go}
I left on Monday morning, knowing that the painter would be there all day.
I washed floors, cleaned bathrooms, and made beds.
and
{i had planned a day full of errands and activities}
{fully expecting to walk in that evening and live my normal routine}
What i actually found was this...
{new tile had gone into my bedroom}
{surprise!}
and
My entire house was covered with tape and plastic.
{apparently the paint on the ceiling wouldn't cover the fixed cracks as planned}
so
the entire ceiling needed to be redone.
{for realsies}
We tried to make the best of it and gave piggy back rides to bedrooms and bathrooms
{careful not to walk on the new tile or the pounds of dust all over}
Jake stayed up until wee hours trying to complete a few projects in time for them to be painted.
Breakfast took place in our ourdoor dining area
{aka garden wall}
{after i ran to the store and bought donuts}
We did hair in the backyard
{for wacky hair day}
and did homework.
Since I couldn't be home, I drove around town, walked around the mall
And we spent 3 {plus} hours at the mcdonalds playland.
This awesomeness continued for the remainder of the week.
{I actually moved into my moms basement since bedrooms soon got taped off as well}
I cried on day 3.
{i wanted to just be at home...doing laundry or washing toilets}
{my sis. meggan cheered me up while looking at pics online and laughing.
{i heart family}
I would call and find a place to crash.
So many people were okay with us coming and messing up their houses.
but amongst all of the crazy homelessness, my kids were amazing.
they treated each day as an adventure, they were patient with not knowing where they would sleep, do homework, or play.
We are back home now.
{having fun doing laundry and washing toilets}
I love my family.
{and my new uncracked ceiling and fresh clean paint}
{after pictures to come}
3 comments:
Holy Canoli! You have like a whole new house!! I had no idea you were pretty much remodeling. Why didn't you call me. You could have played at my house. Or at least let us keep you company at Mc'y D's for a bit. So excited to see how it turned out. You better call me or else I'm just showing up unannounced:)
Shelley kinda took the words outta my mouth... except it was going to be Holy Hannah! :) Being homeless for two weeks is no bueno. But donuts on the porch dining wall... yes please!!! McD's saves the day! That place is often frequented during the winter when all the parks are under feet of snow. Do show pics of your new casa!!
If anyone can do it you can! Is Jake available for a whole house remodel at our place? Free room and board and a lovely family vacation......come on, don't tell me you're not thinking about it. Can't wait to see the after pics!!
Post a Comment