It went something like this...
"Hey babe, what do you wanna do for your birthday date?"
" Go scout deer." - Jake says completely kidding, yet mostly serious.
This got my wheels turning and I decided to try to plan our very first 2 person camping date.
{it wasn't hard since his mom was super willing to babysit}
I have rarely seen my man soooo excited when i told him it was planned.
{priceless}
We dropped the kids off in the afternoon and drove up to the mountains where his deer hunt will take place.
He wasted no time getting out his binoculars and spotting scope to look for the horned beasts.
I sat by and talked in a very quiet whisper
{i wouldn't want to scare away any animals ;)}
After darkness came, we set up for what would be my very first night sleeping outdoors without a tent.
We ate a costco ceasar salad and some cold costco shrimp.
{even though it was frigid outside}
Then we burrowed into our sleeping bags and watched movies on jake's iphone.
{i love that thing}
I woke in the morning, when it was still dark.
{not devoured by any wild animals or insects}
And hiked up a steep mountain to see if we could see deer or bear.
{we apparently bought a bear hunting tag too.}
It was 40 degrees.
I wore everything i had packed all at once..and then put jake's basketball shorts over the top.
{for good measure}
{i was still frozen}
We did see several bucks.
but sadly
{sarcasm added}
no bear.
Maybe next year.
Happy Birthday Handsome!
No comments:
Post a Comment