{gasp}
She was super excited for this birthday to come.
{for good reason}
she got a lalaloopsey {year 2}
{this time with the "curlable hair"}
For her bday treat, she chose angel food cake, whip cream and strawberries.
{my kinda girl}
She got her birthday date the next night where she requested
"octopus" aka calamari
So we headed to the best calamari place around.
Carrabbas.
{her and the sun she gets to bring around and take pics with for school.}
"sunny"
"Picture yourself weightless, surrounded by little baby seahorses..."
Ya, thats the one.
Then a LOOOOONG wait
{one week}
Later was her baptism day.
I couldn't sleep the night before.
I was so thrilled for her to make this choice, but i felt a huge weight hoping that I had taught her everything she needed to know to be able to make choices.
{that she is accountable for}
I knew she would be alright, even if I am not perfect.
The day went beautifully.
{even better thatn I could have ever dreamed}
We were surrounded by an overflowing room full of family, her school friends, and ward members.
I was super tender hearted as I watched my sweetheart use his priesthood and baptize our little girl.
I squeezed her little perfect, clean body with all of my soul when we were in the dressing room alone.
She was perfectly clean and spotless!
I was overwhelmed with gratitude for the gospel.
For Heavenly Fathers Love and for the atonement that can help us all become clean over and over again.
I went to sleep that night with tears of gratitude as I counted my blessings.
{days do not get better than this!}
It truly is great to be 8!!!!
2 comments:
AWWWWE! I still can't believe it. Jenni, you have an 8 year old! Pretty soon she is going to be jammin to Enricke while driving a green bean and trying to ditch fat motorcycle cops. She looks so happy. Im sure its one of the best proud parents moments ever.
So, I caught a glimps of your new tv wall...LOVE IT. When do I get to come over and see all your new stuff?!
The growing up happens too fast. Really, it does. So pretty Ashlynn!! We are sorry to be so far away for special things like this.
Love the costumes!!
Post a Comment