Because summer is like like living in kid world,
{where we watch kid shows, read kid books, and eat kid foods}
I am beginning to process thoughts with my "kid brain".
{so don't judge}
Today I lived this....
{as I will tomorrow...and the next day}
If you give the kid a swimsuit...
They'll want a hose to go with it.
But before you give them the hose...
they will need a nice layer of sunscreen.
{which sunscreen will make them cry about getting it in their eyes}
And after they make muddy pools of your lawn with the hose... in 10 minutes...
they will want a towel to dry off.
The smell of coconut on the towel will remind them that they are SUPER starving for a snack...
and only an otter pop will hit the spot.
So they beg their mom for an otter pop.
{which she gives them out of the goodness of her heart}
{with a warning to throw away every wrapper!!!!}
After holding the otter pop for 13 seconds...
they will ask for a paper towel to wrap around the bottom, so their hand doesn't freeze off.
So their mom tells them to use their towel.
{which she has already supplied them}
While eating the otter pop wrapped nicely in its plastic tubing,
the kids somehow get a gallon of sticky otter pop EVERYWHERE.
Since they {and their towel...bad idea mom... and swimsuit} are now covered in gooey goodness...
they will ask for someone to spray them off with the hose.
Luckily the hose will clean them off nicely .
{but they will be SOOO freezing}
they will ask for someone to spray them off with the hose.
Luckily the hose will clean them off nicely .
{but they will be SOOO freezing}
{and they will need a towel}
5 comments:
Love it!!!
such a vicious cycle. whoever that can invent a non sticky otter pop should win a VERY big reward. cant wait til tamale!!
Loved this so much!!! So creative and so true!
Story. of. my. life. I think every mom can relate!
Seriously! I've washed so many towels this week. I kind of liked my moms rule when I was younger... Whenever we got out of the pool she made us jump on the tramp until we were dry. She also hated washing towels all the time!
Post a Comment