Christmas morning never gets old.
never.
As a 31 year old woman, I can barely sleep on Christmas Eve.
It's not that I can't wait to see what Santa brought, its more that all of the thought and effort I have put into list writing, shopping, wrapping and imagining, is finally coming true.
{and this Christmas there was an extra surprise waiting under our tree}
When I hear the first whispers and giggles from the hallway, I jump out of bed to take a picture of them first.
{it never disappoints}
Then I watched them uncover their loot.
Since it was still really early and I hadn't slept much, I went and laid back into bed.
I snuggled my honey while we listened to laughing, sound effects, and chattering pouring from the family room.
True bliss.
After Luke 2 and family prayer, the rest of the gifts were opened.
{all except for one}
We made our way to the kitchen to make our German pancakes.
And we saw that Santa left a note...
{the kids had gotten word that Santa actually wanted a mexican steak, not cookies, so they obliged}
…Santa got a salad last year. :)
Breakfast...
I ate and waited patiently to open this box.
It was from our baby.
Inside this box was an envelope with some pics and a card telling us our baby's gender.
{pretty much the only gift I wanted for christmas}
I opened the box with Jake sitting next to me.
Once I opened the envelope, the ultrasound photos fell out onto the table.
And I read the card aloud for everyone to hear.
I was in tears.
I just knew that this baby was a boy.
It felt so right.
Perfect.
I leaned over and cried into jakes chest.
I couldn't have been happier.
Being able to celebrate the coming of a son to our family, while celebrating the Birth of His Son was so fitting.
I hope I always remember that feeling.
We got on over to the Willis' house for a Christmas brunch and cousin fun.
{We made sure to drop off a few of these goodies to family on our way}
Perfect Day.
Merry Christmas!









No comments:
Post a Comment