Since New Years Day was on a Sunday, we decided to have New Years Monday! Jake stayed hone from work and we piled into the car to go hiking.
mid way to the hike, Jake changed his mind and decided to drive up to the snow!!
We met Amber and Chase at the bottom of Mt. Ord and headed to the top where the snow would be found.
Well, the road was less than inviting. With all of the rain we have had lately, the road was so muddy that it was making our suburban slip all around. Oh, did I mention we were on the edge of a steep cliff? we were. with no control. awesome.
I was terrified and asked the children in the back to, "Please pray!!"
Hallie immediately responded, "I already have been!!" {bless her heart}
We were able to find a spot to turn around before we mixed mud with ice.
No snow for today!
But as we headed back down, we found Amber and Chase stuck in the mud.
Jake and Chase were knee deep in mud trying to dig the tires out.
Finally after many prayers, they found a rope and we pulled them out with our suburban.
Yes, still all on a tiny mountain road with a cliff.
We decided to go to the bottom of the hill and take a hike instead.
{wise choice!}
It was a really cold day and I had dressed for a valley desert hike with just a light jacket and capris.
The wind whipped through all of us. But boy was it gorgeous!!
And we were safe and alive... WIN!
Holding up the sky.
Tanner and Miles... Buddies!
Hot top ramen never tasted so good!
Camp stove warmth on a freeeeezing day.
It was an adventure for sure!
I am so grateful to make memories like this with our family!!
No comments:
Post a Comment