Wednesday, August 12, 2009

We are going private Sept. 1st

Lately I have heard several scary stories of people getting pictures off of blogs and posting them elsewhere on the world wide web.

These pictures were put on porn sites, used on dating sites, or people claiming to be this person or have this child.

{CREEPY}

Although it is annoying and this isn't something I really want to do, I really want to keep my family safe. With Crew coming, it is also an added precaution that scary bio family won't be able to find him either.

-So we are going to be a private blog as of Sept. 1st.-

Please leave a comment below with your email address, so I can invite you

or

email me at jakeandjenfamily@gmail.com (this is an account I just made, so don't replace this as my email.)


Don't hate, just go with it.

Don't worry if I don't know you that well... I blog stalk too. :)

21 comments:

Kristi said...

I'd love to keep in touch with you and your cute family. I totally understand. kristi.harris.33@gmail.com

bettina said...

jbsecrist@hotmail.com

said...

I'd love to keep in touch! I completely agree, it's a pain but very comforting to know who's seeing what... nihaws@cox.net

Travis & Wendy said...

i hope i get invited :) wkay88@hotmail.com

Leah Martineau said...

everyone is going private!! I totally understand but so annoying. I wish blogger could come up with a better way. oh well ok my email is leah5299@hotmail.com
thanks!!

Shelley Goodman said...

so did you ever end up doing site meter? I still need to check mine and see if anything suspicious is going on. Totally crappy!
shelleylgoodman@gmail.com. Hey, go to brooks blog and she explains an easy way to change your blog address without having to start a whole new blog!

Alyssa said...

Jenni, I'm glad I came to look at your blog before you went private. I saw you left a message a while ago on my blog. Thanks for saying hi. I'm so excited for you guys to add to your family. I didn't realize you were adopting until I read the post from a while ago. I kept thinking, wow she looks so good for almost being due. :) I'm excited to see pics of your new one. Can't wait & Congratulations! my email is maryalyssa@gmail.com so please invite us to your private blog! Thanks. Take care!

Stephanie Evans said...

stephanieevans07@gmail.com

So I just heard about Shelley's friend, Brooke's experience and it totally scared me. I brought it up at my book club tonight and the girls told me some ways to safeguard against that stuff without actually going private. I was so glad because I was about to take the plunge when I had sworn against it. I don't blame you though. But if you go to settings and select NO for "let search engines find your blog" and "add your blog to our listings" then no one can really find your blog unless they know the exact web address or they find it through links on someone else's blog which is much more unlikely. I also feel better having site meter on mine and I'm going to be better about checking it regularly. Anyway, just thought I'd let you know. :)

Amy said...

You have to keep us on, and you know where to find me!

Jenna said...

Jen add me on thanks!

the Robinsons said...

carobinson06@yahoo.com an i need yours too if you just wanna email me i'll add you

Colette Goodman said...

Okay I'm coming clean. I read you blog. You're kids are darling and want to be part of the cool kids.
colettegoodman@gmail.com

Our blog is private, too. If you want an invite send me an email.

Anonymous said...

lindab11@cox.net

Ginger said...

Wow Jenni, you're Miss Popularity! Please invite me. ginger@thecorias.com

The Garrison Family said...

Dear Jenni~
I have blog stalked you for awhile now. I have also been stalking you from across the street in the church parking lot waiting to see you in your "hot pink bikini" and "high heels" you posted about. That was one "HOT" show :P

Add me so I can see what your going to wear next!

lindseygarrison99@yahoo.com



PS any of you that think I am the reason she is going private. Your probably right

Cicily said...

Yes please.

Jared*Shawna*Skye*Bree said...

Ooh, I would love if you added me!
white_shawna@hotmail.com Thanks!

Sara said...

They are all so beautiful Jenni! One day we will make a trip down there and see you all again soon I hope!

Cluff Family said...

I would love an invite!! I need to go private...too many scary stories out there!!! Thanks!
Kristine
cluff1122@msn.com

Adam and Jess said...

Ok, so I'm glad I checked blogs for the first time in weeks. I think I must have heard the same story you did, freaky. I was just glad I'm already private. It sucks, but worth it to keep kids safe. I had SOO much fun catching up with you while I was there. Much better than just being at a restaurant with a million people. Hope to see your little guy soon.

Adam and Jess said...

Oh, I guess I forgot the whole reason for leaving a comment. jessica.driggs.nelson@gmail.com is my email.