7 1/2 years ago... I was the girl who was stalking you...you were the guy with a girlfriend... that you ditched to go out with me. The rest is history. Does a story get better than that?I've heard the tales of "the seven year itch"...once you are married for 7 years, somehow you and your beloved stop getting along. Well, Jake and I officially hit the 7 year mark last weekend and we are happy as can be! We were able to have one of the best weekends ever! It began Friday when we went to see Transformers2 and went to dinner. We woke up on Sat., went to brunch at Crackers and then we went shopping for hours! (what an awesome husband) We looked for a bunk bed for the boys, got some clothes and stuff for Crew, and stuff for us too. Now that doesn't sound like a romantic way to spend an anniversary, but the best part was that since our kids were with a babysitter, we were able to hold hands everywhere we went! We just laughed and did what WE wanted...no snacks, toys, or nap time. It was really such a fun day that I think that I want to have the same anniversary celebration every year!
"The seven year itch" is an itch we aint scratchin'!
10 comments:
Holy friggin cow. Seven years? Seriously?? Did you get married when you were like .... a beehive? So happy you're aren't sick of each other haha. You make a stinkin' cute couple. When you're having grandkids, I might be half way through having my kids! :) Congrats on the 7 year itch!
Time seriously flies!! I didn't know he had a girlfriend, but of course I knew you were stalking him:) You guys are a good looking couple. I can't believe you have a kindergartner!!? That's next year for us. We'll be coming Aug 12-26. We're so excited, but Adam and I will be apart for our anniversary since he'll be taking boards:(
Where you 12 when you got married?
Congrats on the 7 years!! Good to know that no scratching was needed.
congrats on 7 years!! wow how time flies! my 7 year anniversary is coming up in November...crazy!!
You really were like 12 when you got married! That's the Mormon way! Congrats. You guys are a great couple. Damon and I always hold hands when we go on dates, I love it. People always think we are this cute little high school couple lol! Well here's to about 57 more years to you guys........:) can't wait to see Crew!
Thanks for Stalking my brother! We would be so sad without you in our family. And good choice Jacob for ditching the "other girl." You two are too cute! Love you guys both so much!
I was just looking at Adam's friend Jenn's blog and found out the Shane Mckinnon's wife was in a car accident a few days ago, went into labor with an almost full term baby, and lost the baby the next day:(
Oh Congrats and Happy Anniversary! You two are one of the cutest couples I know!!!
7 years? Heck, marriage is like a fine wine. It only get's better and more valuable over time. The best things about marriage.
1. They way they know what your thinking, just by the expression your giving.
2. Holding hands in public.
3. Laughing together at the funny things that the kids do.
4. A tear running down your cheek when you see your husband reading, playing ball, tickling, or working on homework with the kids.
5. Knowing that its for eternity!!!
To many more years ahead.
FatNat
Post a Comment