Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Mars vs. Venus ... {explained}

After having two girls, it was no surprise that people would ask, "Aren't boys and girls SO different?", after Tate was born.
I thought I knew the difference right away.
Besides the obvious outdoor plumbing, there were fewer outfit choices for boys and they poop more.
{I was wrong}
Well, those are true, but they were not what people were asking me.
{I learned the "real" difference last night}

Quiet Monday night.
Family gathered around to have family home evening.
Jake shared the story of the good samaritan.
He bore his testimony of service.
We sang 4 differnt primary songs and had prayers.

The girls...
-listened and answered questioned
-led, sang, and chose the music
-shared ideas and personal experiences.
-made a circle of pillows for all of us to sit on
-suggested we kneel in a circle and hold hands to pray

The Boys...
-cried
-laughed (when not appropriate)
-climbed on the arms and back of the couch
-made rude noises
-refused to hold hands and pray in a circle
-wouldn't sing the songs they know (except head, shoulders, knees, and toes)
-jumped on the couch
-"play punched" dad while he was giving the lesson

You may look at these lists and say..."well, the girls are older and the boys are young and learning."
{I agree...kinda}

I have more evidence.

Girls worst injury... (in 6 years)

Ashlinn broke her foot.
She was wearing gold platform sandals and slipped off the sidewalk and twisted her foot wrong. (she got a hot pink cast)

Boys worst injury... (in 21 months)

Last night after baths, Crew and Tate were jumping and climbing on Crew's bed. Tate jumped as high as he wanted...and hit head first on the edge of the wooden head board.
{I was standing within a foot of this ordeal}
Tate was pouring blood.
Into his ear, hair and eyes.
I scooped him up and ran into the kitchen.
Jake got the first aid kit and started cleaning off his injury.
It was a big gash.
{deep gash}
Stitches?

You may notice the other scabs by his eye and nose...those were from Thanksgiving Day.
Crew was pushing Tate in a toy shopping cart...he nose dived off the side walk.

Jake brought him to the urgent care not far from our house. (for the second time in one day)
They had just closed, but the Nurse looked at it and told Jake that he should go to a different urgent care, so they could use the "medical super glue" on it. Jake did what every dad would do...brought him home and super glued it himself.


                                   {The Morning after}
Now he has a black swollen eye, messed up nose, and other scabs and bruises too.
The first thing Jake said was, "he looks like Rocky...after a fight"


Here is to another day of two busy boys...and two sweet, calm girls.


5 comments:

Jenna said...

Try 3 in a row!

Ginger said...

Oh man Jenni, you do realize this is just the beginning don't you? I hope he gets better soon. Good thing you already had your pictures done!

MelissaEaves said...

I'm laughing. Poor Tate. Beware, they might switch places on you. Brylin and Presley are currently the wild clumsy little things and the boys are becoming more mild.

Leah Martineau said...

Yes having one of each I totally see the differences. Your FHE sounds like ours. But guess what....in 10 years they switch on ya and the boys are ten times easier to deal with. Not looking forward to girls drama and attitude =) I'm enjoying my girl young and sweet while it last!!! =)

Stephanie Evans said...

Hmmm, I'm rethinking my plan to have all boys.