I got an email last week.
It said that Pres. Packer has been getting hundreds of thousands of letters.
{Hate mail over his conference talk.}
The email suggested that he could use some love letters to cheer him up and let him know that there are people that love and respect him.
For FHE we gathered the fam. and talked about the family proclamation.
We talked about how girls are girls.
Boys are Boys.
Girls marry boys.
Boys marry girls.
{and that is the way the Lord wants it}
We discussed with them how we love everyone, no matter what choices they make.
But most importantly we talked about how Apostles are called by Heavenly Father.
And WHATEVER they say, no matter how unpopular, it is from the Lord.
And we {need} to follow.
Even when it takes alot of courage.
Each of us wrote a letter or drew a picture for President Packer and then we mailed them.
I hope this got their testimony seeds growing.
They will need all of the courage they have to be strong in this world.
But we aren't alone.
{and that gives me courage}
5 comments:
Where do you send them? We want to do that. So dissapointing people did that to an apostle. Scary world especially for boys these days! Tate gets hurt all the time poor kid. My boys have never broke/ or stitched up anything ever! They are crazy though, but Damon believes in superglue I guess! Tell Tate that's enough!
so going to do this too. What's with all the haters...seriously. So I like how Tate is your spice in life:) Stop being such an active hiking family. You are making our fat rear-ends look bigger. Getting the mail is considered aerobic activity, right?
I LOVE that you guys did this! I've heard he's gotten a lot of backlash and it makes me sad. Totally agree with what you said... he's an Apostle for heaven's sakes! It's not debatable stuff. What a good mommy you are :) And Taters is making Collin look tame... I'm likin' that :) Or maybe it's just a look at the future for me, I don't know. BOYS!!
I was just reading a forum about this last night and all the terrible things people were posting broke my heart.
I was so happy to read about your FHE. That's a pretty sweet gesture and I know he could really use the love and prayers.
Thanks for the example!
you are amazing!! seriously! i hadn't looked at your blog in a long time, just saw your newest addition!! congratulations! she's adorable! she is so lucky to have you!!
Post a Comment