Saturday, October 9, 2010

just {1 week} stuffed with {so much} fun!

There is one week  that stradles September and October that is FULL of fun every year.
{this year we had a few added surprises too}

Ashlinn's birthday kicks off the holiday season at our house.
She turned 7.
{an adorable ,sweet seven}
{seriously it has been 7 years since i kissed those chubby newborn cheeks?}

It was her year for a party with friends.
She wanted a carnival theme.
I tried my best to make her dreams a reality.
The warmer than normal weather kept us mostly inside, but she didn't mind changing a few of her plans.

Between face painting, balloon tying, cotton candy eating, game playing, and pinata hitting, Ashlinn had the time of her life!


Jake's sister Linz came and helped me face paint all the rugrats.
they turned out great!

{the eyebrow mustache totally rocks this picture...thanks Linz}



After the party, it was Ashlinns special birthday date.
She chose to go eat steak.
{jake didn't argue her choice} :}
She got her  "big" present in the car.
Lala Loopsey was exactly what she wanted.
Can you tell?
{she is sitting in Tate's carseat...for fun, i guess?}


my birthday girl

the view from our side of the table
{cute aren't they}



After Ashlinn's Birthday, it was the last day of school before the 3 week long fall break.
I got a letter from the school asking me to be at an awards assembly.
I got to see both of my big girls get awards for being great students.
{and compassionate to other students}
I was sooo proud of them!
I was only able to catch up with Hallie afterward.
{ her sweet smile melts me into bits}



This handsome man had a birthday a few days ago.
{31 years old}
and all mine.

{he is copying Macy and her new favorite facial expression}

We went out for a hot date.
{bowling, dinner, and random store wandering}
it was the best!
{he should have birthdays more often}


When we went to pick up the kiddos from Jake's moms house after the birthday date, tate was bleeding from his head
{with several butterfly bandages}
He had built a tower of bean bags and jumped off into the corner of the tv stand.
{i am not surprised}
So Jake took Tate to urgent care for 7 stitches on his bday.
{he will now have a scar to match his other eyebrow from last year}


it was far deeper than it appears


Since we didn't get a chance to eat the cake for Jake's bday and sing to him, since he was at urgent care, we made a special dinner the next night to celebrate.


Macy + green beans + apple sauce+ chocolate frosting = bath time

She is Yummy enough to eat!

I can't wait to see what fun this week brings next year!

3 comments:

Shelley Goodman said...

*I am glad that all those years practicing face painting at the Southern Estates carnivals paid off for Ashlyns party! Can't believe she's 7!
*Poor Tate:(
*Happy B-day Jake. Can't believe his bff Casey didnt get him a present
* I could eat Macy up too:)

Amy said...

I hear the fun continues! Waiting for pics on that. Happy birthday big sister, Ashlinn!!

Adam and Jess said...

I know I'm catching up after a long time, but it seems like you found your groove pretty fast. I like how you said you need to determine what's best for your family because when I watch other kids all day I wonder how people like you do it.
Macy is adorable and it looks like you did a great job of the birthday party.
I can totally relate that kids make you insane and sane all at the same time. Can't imagine life without.