When we first met Macy, she was 5 months old.
She had recently started to smile.
But wasn't able to do most other things a baby her age {and younger} could do.
They explained that when babies are born addicted to several drugs, often their brain doesn't begin to develop until the withdrawls have stopped.
We hoped and prayed she would begin reaching for toys, take baby food, sit- up and roll over.
but we knew it would be when she was ready.
After over a month of our weekly meetings, and falling hoplessly in love with her, I got a call from her foster mom.
"The Neurologist says she is almost certain Macy has cerebral palsy. They will do tests to see if they are conclusive."
That made sense to me. I wasn't shocked or worried.
That diagnosis would explain why she was so stiff, why she wasn't reaching for things, ect.
I got off the phone and realized that giving Macy all of the care she needed may be harder than I had anticipated. She may never sit up, walk, or feed herself, but she was the same baby I had loved the day before, just new information about her, so nothing changed inside of me.
I began praying and fasting with earnest.
I NEEDED to know if Macy was meant to be part of our family.
I NEEDED to know for certain.
If I knew she was/would be mine, I could do anything required.
{and give each child all of the attention and love they needed}
It was simple.
Heavenly Father answered my prayers very directly.
No if, and, or buts.
She is my baby.
{That was all I needed to know}
Time went on and Macy began mastering new skills.
She was reaching, babbling, sitting up, and holding her own bottle.
We counted each skill a blessing from heaven.
I got a text from her foster mom one night telling me she had started to army crawl.
I silently thanked Heavenly Father for another miracle.
She army crawled for about 2 months.
{those darn stiff muscles didn't want to get on all 4's to crawl}
She had the MRI done and I waited for the results during that time.
{knowing that they were just words on a paper }
I met with the Neurologist for results.
"She does have Cerebral Palsy. Although the legion is so small we can't see it on the Brain map."
I jumped for joy inside.
It was so small they couldn't see it.
The doctor didn't/couldn't make any predictions about her life.
That meant everything was possible for her. EVERYTHING.
This past week alone, Macy is a perfect {and fast} all 4's crawler.
She has 4 new words in her vocabulary, she is standing and walking along couches, walls, and cupboards, she is exploring and laughing more.
I am amazed by her.
{and by Heavenly Father}
I can't wait to see what the future brings for her.
{jeggings...melt me}
I believe in miracles.
{for reals}
1 comment:
Ok, let me get this straight... she ADDED 4 words to her vocabulary?! So how old is she? cuz she's already passed up my 19month old! She is adorable. Love the pics. Especially the big blue bow.
Post a Comment