I have a goal to be able to run 5 miles by my birthday.
{it's going well}
except for one thing...
The other morning, I walked inside from a run and kissed my hubby.
he grimaced.
{like trying to poker face, but unable to contain himself from the foul odor kind of grimace}
"do I smell?" I asked.
"ummm, maybe a little. mostly you smell like outside."
I knew he was lying.{out of love}
{He loves the smell of outside.}
I shrugged it off until I caught a wiff of myself.
{outside plus b.o.}
...not awesome!
I walked into my closet thnking that I better shower.
Then I saw in the "to donate" pile my old p.e. shoes from high school.
{dinosaur New Balances}
the same ones I wore sockless for all 3 years of high school.
the same ones that have been sitting on the back patio or in the garage as my "outside shoes" for 8 years of marriage.
{yup, those ones}
{maybe i should throw them in the trash now that i think of it}
I thought back to the good times in those old trusty shoes.
The many days of aerobics, weight lifting, hip hop dancing, running the track, and playing the kind of ball that you can high stick other girls in your class....{awwww}
Then in the middle of my 5 am day dream I realized that I wore the same p.e. clothes for weeks {maybe months} in a row back then.
{not bringing them home to be washed...like ever}
{brief shudder}
I had a question pop into my head.
I am pretty sure I didn't smell THAT bad back then.
{or is my memory foggy}
Do I get worse smelling b.o. the older I get?
{or do I just care more?}
maybe my nose is more refined.
{that sounds nice}
I couldn't decide, so I decided maybe I will wake up 1 minute earlier and put deoderant on my pits before I run.
{or maybe not}
My goal isn't to smell nice, it's to run 5 miles.
{...and 1 minute is soooo long in sleep time.}
just sayin'
p.s. this might be t.m.i.
November= Lots of Birthday Boys
1 day ago
5 comments:
Congratulations to you and your running feet!! I think, just for a moment, I am glad to live far away from you and your, ahem, aroma. Run like the wind.......
I would not even dream of sacrificing that one minute, stink it up Jenni.
5 miles, impressive! Do I hear turkey trot calling our names?!
I love that you did a whole post dedicated to your b.o. I don't remember you being mas stinky in P.E. all those years, but maybe it was because I was too and perhaps we were even referred to as the "stinky girls". We can only hope. :)
I don't think we were stinky back then either. Heck, I barely even wear deodorant. Although it does gross me out to think that we didn't always shower after our runs or working out. I remember when I was training for the half marathon I didn't get "stinky" until I started running 5-6 miles and up. I just don't wear deodorant when I work out so if my sweat is meant to cool me down, it will. I know it still sounds crazy to people. I'm impressed though. If I were there I'd help you make that goal.Are you still always waking up at 5 A.M. to be able to run?
Post a Comment