5 kids are so much fun.
5 kids are so much mess.
5 kids are so much crying.
5 kids are so much laundry.
5 kids are so many groceries.
5 kids are so much wrestling.
5 kids are so much owie kissing.
5 kids are so much work.
5 kids are so much chaos.
5 kids are the cutest after a bath with wet, clean hair.
5 kids are silly and goofy.
5 kids make you see the good out of any situation.
5 kids make you feel like you are hearding cats.
5 kids notice the simple pleasures.
5 kids have enough energy to power an entire city.
5 kids make my world go 'round.
5 kids are SO darn adorable.
5 kids keep me sane and make me crazy all at once.
i wouldn't trade them for anything.
I think we have recently all found a good balance.
It was touch and go for a while.
Between Crew and Macy, they both needed alot of help adjusting to our new family situation.
Crew was uncertain about change.
His life before he came was full of "family" in and out.
nobody stayed long.
He thought he had to leave when Macy came.
After a few days/weeks of uncharacteristic naughtiness and clinging, he has realized we have been telling him the truth , we are HIS forever family.
He doesn't have to leave.
He will never be traded in.
He is my boy.
THE big brother.
It was so hard to see him struggle and want for him to feel what we were telling him.
Prayer works.
Tate has surprised me.
For being such a crust face sometimes, he has not had a single second of jealousy.
He loves Macy with his entire 2 year old heart.
{although it is shared with Lightening Mcqueen}
Ashlinn and Hallie are so thrilled to be the oldest.
I have to say 35 gazillion times each day " put her down, she can crawl." or "please don't wake up a sleeping baby."
They are in seventh heaven.
They want to help in any way possible.
I am so blessed with incredible, responsible little/big girls.
As for me, I have found my groove. {most days}
Things aren't as perfect as I want them to be, but
I am able to do what needs to be done and enjoy each of my sweet thangs.
I give myself an inner lecture most days about "good, better, best"
Some things don't matter in the big picture.
I have to focus on taking care of what really matters and not feeling guilty/stressed about the rest.
It is harder than it sounds, but i know we have been given 5 miracles.
Real Live Miracles.
So hard is okay with me.
November= Lots of Birthday Boys
1 day ago
8 comments:
So I guess your saying you're good for another 5 after this right?! Way to go Jen! I always wonder how my mom had 7 and yours is still going. I was so annoyed doing homework today for 3 kids and I wanted to hit something. I can't imagine homework for 7! Insane! Glad everyones adjusting. We will be down for D's farewell so we will see you then!
if anyone can do it, it's you! you are AMAZING and such a good example. how lucky they all are to have you as a mom. love you girl!
This is how you become general relief society president:) Love every single one of them...including you!
My favorite part--herding cats. Such a good descriptor! Glad you are getting your groove back and that sweet Macy is fitting in easily. Can't wait to meet her!
How you do it... ? I'll never know. I think Bro. Walk (sp?) would be quite shocked with your life haha. ....That the cussing seminary student would turn into mother of 5 in 8 years. Ya just never know :)
{This is Bree}
Your kiddies are so adorable! Come see us sometime. We miss you.
I can't believe you and five kids can show up for church looking so amazing. I also can't believe you have time to blog when you have five kids. Awesome, you are awesome.
Congrats you guys! This is so exciting and wonderful! I can relate to you about the good, better, best lecture. I do that continually as well. But I have to agree with Cicily girl, you always look awesome. How do you not look like you are herding 5 cats around? :-)
Post a Comment