Since Hallie was born, she has had a very olive complexion.
And she tans very easily.
{like walk to the mailbox and come back with a tan line easily}
{like jake. not me}
We started calling her "Hallie Brown Berry"
She loves it and as a 3 year old she requested that be her full name.
A few weeks ago after we told the kids Macy would be coming, Hallie came to me super thrilled and said seriously, " Mom, I am soooooo happy that Macy is gonna be my sister, 'cuz FINALLY there will be someone in this family with brown skin like me!"
I paused.
I chuckled. { a little}
I agreed with her that she and Macy are both browner than I am.
{and I am jealous}
Apparently Hallie hasn't noticed that Crew is hispanic.
{or that Macy may be a few shades browner than she is}
Carrying the ethnicity in our family has been a burden for her, that now she can share.
{if only everyone saw things this simply}
:)
November= Lots of Birthday Boys
1 day ago
4 comments:
Its very ethnic here.... A lot of middle easterners and mostly Asians. I get asked every day where i'm from. I haven't even heard of some of the places people say lol. They ask me if Denim is adopted with her blonde hair.. Although she has a killer tan now! Funny! Congrats! I think hallie should come live with me.. She looks just like mine and then denzy would have a sister and I could be done:-) have fun with all the new beginnings.
What a heavy load for such a young lady. So glad there are others to support her. And yes, wouldn't the world be better if it could just be that simple!! Go Hallie
I am sooo glad she can finally relate to somebody now! Must be hard being the only dark one in a family:)
I love your kids. They say the funniest things. ;)
Post a Comment