my little macy had her 12 month well check last week.
doc said she is doing fantastic.
then she got 4 regular vaccines.
{plus}
he gave her the flu shot combo
{swine flu + regular}
I tried to stop the flu shot.
{i have government conspiracy/stupidity issues with the flu shot...that's an entirely different post though}:}
they told me that since she is still a guardian of the state i had no choice.
{bah}
so they shot my baby up.
{5 times}
and we went home to rest.
By Thurs. evening, she had NO appetite.
By Friday she was puking.
{and not eating}
Saturday the fun continued.
Sunday morning she woke up hungry and chowed everything.
{and it stayed down}
SO i took her to church.
She puked during gospel doctrine.
{rotten soy milk barf on her, me, my shoes, the chair, the floor, and the sister sitting next to us}
I took our dripping/stinking selves home.
She was sleepy. REALLY sleepy.
{but she had no fever or any other symptoms}
I noticed that she hadnt wet her diaper yet.
Her lips were chapped and she wasn't crying tears.
{i called the Doc.}
"Bring her to Phoenix Childrens ASAP."
So me and my sleeping compadre' tried to figure out what was going on.
After several more pokes, blood draws, and a urine test, they ruled out a virus or an infection.
"it must be a reaction to something." says genius dr.
"like a flu shot?" i ask cynically
"well, we can't prove that."
so they put in an i.v. to flush stuff out and rehydrate my beauty.
{and added some meds for good measure}
You can see her personality come back as the fluid is pumped into her body.
{it was a miracle}
Luckily, she is doing much better now.
{no barf in 2 days= success}
by next year i will be her "official" mom.
and i will politely deny the flu shot for my baby.
'cuz she doesn't like it.
{and she always gets her way}
5 comments:
Poor dollie!!! Well I'm with you on the flu shots....I know it is a big controversy and everyone has an opinion but I think it is terrible to drug up our kids all the time, i won't get started either =) Well she is a beautiful girl. You family is so cute! Keep being aamazing!
I no likey the flu shot too. It probably wasn't even the flu vaccine anyway. Poor Macy moo, glad she is all better!
I HATE the flu shot. I'm with ya on the conspiracy/gov't theory thing. So is Sharon :) Collin had a bad reaction, but not THAT bad! So sorry for your puked on self and sweet sis that was sitting next to you. Glad she's better! (PS do you curl your hair EVERY day? Cuz you look like a super model in every pic you ever post and I'm a wee bit jealous)
SHE IS ADORABLE!
Jen my kids have never had shots until I moved here. They were freaking out my kids never had any. I think it's all a lie and a way to make money! Lol call me nuts. Glad she's better. The shot they gave denim here they said it causes seizures in kids who have febrile seizures... Like Denzey of course.... Very comforting. She was ok though. But i won't be back any time soon!
Post a Comment