Crew came from a womans belly.
Then he went to grandma ann's.
{for 2 1/2 years}
Grandma Ann loved him like nobodys buisness.
She spoiled him, snuggled, kissed, and taught.
{true grandma style}
He was her sidekick.
Her lawn mowing buddy.
Her chik-fil-a brownie sharer.
Her foster baby that stayed with her the longest.
She let him be whom Heavenly Father wanted him to be.
{and helped get him to his forever family}
and go home.
A few weeks after Crew's adoption last summer, I got a call telling me that Ann had stage 4 cancer.
My heart broke.
A few months ago she had a party to gather as many of her foster babes {and families} as possible.
We partied it up to celebrate this incredible lady!
These are only a few of the 60+ kiddos she has cared for over the years.
{my boy}
Grandma Ann was there loving him during some of the hardest times of his life.
An answer to my prayers.
I can never repay her for that.
Grandma Ann passed away 2 weeks ago.
I have thought alot about the blessing she has been to my family.
As I sat at her funeral with my little Crew, I cried with gratitude.
Thanks Grandma Ann!!!!
{now she is the one who gets to go home}
3 comments:
your shirts are so cute! What a great idea. Bless those sweet grandma anns everywhere in the world...especially Crews!
What a wonderful lady!!! She is getting her ultimate reward now. Your title confused me a second since we actually have a Grandma Ann also. :)
Btw you called me twice today. I was surprised when I saw it was you calling, but when I answered it was just kids voices mixed with yours in the background. So I eavesdropped a minute, then got bored and hung up. haha.
WOW!!!! I have tears in my eyes!! It is women like her I strive to be like!!!! Think about it.....that wonderful woman spend countless hours loving and taking care of so many children and she did it not for money or recognition......but because she had love in her heart. Like Stephanie said.....no reward here on earth will even compare to the reward she is receiving in heaven. Amazing....thanks for sharing....it makes me want to be a better person =)
Post a Comment