We were nearing the close of a long, hot summer day.
We had run errands to 3 different places.
We had watched more disney channel re runs than should be legal.
We had wrestled and argued over food choices, show choices, couch cushion choices, who is looking at whom choices, etc.
{my patience was on overtime}
It was nearly dinner time and I was trying to prepare something that would be easy clean up.
{hoping for an early bed time for my darlings}
{fingers crossed}
Tate and Macy were under my feet.
{Either making a mess or asking for something.}
{PLEASE! I just need 5 minutes to shred some chicken!!!!}
{they weren't in the mood to give me some space}
I looked out the kitchen window.
I spotted the baby pool.
I eyed the hose.
I knew it would buy me some time.
"Go play outside." I heard myself say.
{as I walked to unlock the back door}
"but it's hot!" Tate countered.
"Then play in the water." I respond.
Tate smiled with his devious boy grin.
then asked... "in my clothes?"
"Sure!" I finish.
It was fewer than 5 seconds before both little bodies were launching themselves into the lukewarm
{and slightly slimy} water.
I finished some poultry shredding, but I couldn't help but laughing so hard looking out the window
{at the pure joy that came with fully clothed swimming.}
SO I put down dinner preparation and went to enjoy front row seats to the giggle fest.
And suddenly it became obvious that shredding chicken is soooo overrated.
{thats what forks and knives are for}
{and now i can cross laundry and bath time off the list}
{i may be a genius}

No comments:
Post a Comment