We live in a city that has "modified year round" school.
{which, btw, I LOVE}
That means that we have back to school in July.
So, my 3 oldest darlings all started school on Monday.
We had prepped ourselves for weeks that it would be starting soon, but summer flew by so fast.
so. fast.
It came as a mild shock when I started packing lunch boxes for my 3 school kiddos on Monday.
{a look at their chosen lunch boxes}
{a gaze into their personality}
I have decided to finally not be dissapointed when I buy my kids new school clothes that are really cute... and they choose to wear the most lame outfit on the first day. :)
They like it, that is what matters, right?
{the shoes are a new level of cool}
{hals have "ariel" on them, crew's are "VERY BLUE!!!!and "VERY FAST!!!!", and Ashlinn's have peace signs, which are her favorite thing at the moment}
kindergarten
{this was the best of 4}
3rd grade!
2nd grade
{my homies}
I dropped off 3 children at 7:50 am.
They smiled all the way into school.
{barely looking back}
by 7:52 I was bawling on the phone with Jake.
I couldn't breath.
There was no way that Crew was old enough for kindergarten!
{especially all day kindergarten!}
My heart hurt thinking that my days being home with him all day were over.
{it came way. way .way. too fast}
I cried when the girls went to Kindergarten, but not like this.
I knew they were ready.
I got less than 3 years with him home.
{not my needed 5 years}
Crew has had a rough year or so and I have spent hours and hours with him trying to help him feel loved.
{and apparently I bonded a little too much}
:)
I am happy to report that after today, day 3, I have relaxed a little about everything.
They will all be fine.
{and so will I}
{and Tate and Macy happen to be super well behaved lately}
I may get a few projects done!
Happy Back to School 2012!



2 comments:
So, I'm finally catching up on some blog reading and I'm crying after reading the neck snuzzling story. The laughing kind of crying!! So funny, but such a gift to be touched, it really is.
Back to school.....not so fun when you send a new all day kiddo or send one to a new school. It just messes up the good things you were loving. Good luck to you - we still have 4 weeks of summer!
I wonder if I will cry when Collin goes to all day K? Or skip/dance all the way back home. Probably the skipping thing. You are such a good mom. I envy you!
Fun lunch date with da girls!! Maybe someday I'll live in AZ... SOMEDAY!! :)
Post a Comment