Hallie lost a tooth in the morning before school last week.
{she was beyond thrilled}
the tooth next door was just a little loose and I sent her off to school.
By the time I picked her up at the end of the day, the remaining front tooth was hanging on for dear life.
It was twisted, turned, and looked HILARIOUS!
I told her she looked like a hillbilly.
{and then I had to explain what a hillbilly is}
She giggled a lot after that.
...and in true Hallie fashion she did some fantastic poses for my camera.
{before Jake pulled out the remaining tooth}
She now has that darling lisp that comes with being toothless.
{i think it's totally adorbs}
Speaking of adorbs...
I have really been trying to find a few new styles for Macy.
They are hard to find with my requirements...
a) will not damage her hair
b) takes less than 15 minutes to do
c) it will stay in all day.... or more
d) will work for hair that varies in length from 1/2 inch to 6 inches
{yes, some of her hair when uncurled is about 6 inches}
e) and i can actually do it
{that's the kicker}
this one met all of my requirements.
She looked super darling and loved it.
{we have done this many days since then too}
{i call this "baby steps to corn rows"}
{look at that smile!}
We live within walking distance of a water n ice.
{that happens to sell Thrifty ice-cream }
{heck yes}
Several times this summer we have soaked up the good fortune of living so close
{and gotten deliciously creamy cones}
...and walked back home licking them.
The kids have played in the backyard while the sticky goodness drips down their elbows and chins.
We have watched monsoon storms roll in and enjoyed being washed off by some warm summer rain.
{and simultaneously coated in blowing dust}
and these are some of the times I think to myself "you know you're gonna miss this when they get older!"
{and I know I will!!!}


2 comments:
Go Hillbilly Hallie! I like the cute hair. And walking to get ice cream??? I wish I could do that!
Macy's braids rock! Happy Late anniversary! Have sooooooo much fun in Hawaii! Don't get a sunburn on your belly:)Random: We need to take a vacay together with our hubbies. Just a thought:)
Post a Comment