Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Witness

I have loads of things to write about.
I just don't have time for all of it... Right now.
The pics will stay on my camera for another week or two.
But what I feel right now can't wait!

I just had a parent teacher conference with all 3 of my school
kids teachers.
( when you start school in July the quarter comes in august. )
I went to ashlinns teacher first.
She told me about what a responsible and smart girl she is. She told me how she talks a lot ... And fast.
( I don't know where she gets that from)
( sarcasm added)
But she told me that as long as her work was still getting done with such great accuracy she has no complaints.

It may just be me, but I love hearing about how great my kids are from their teachers.
( maybe it's the brown nosing, teachers pet in me)

I went to Hallie's classroom next.
I was shown her incredible scores and neat work. I was informed that she, like Ash, are in the top groups in all subjects. I heard so much positive feedback I wanted to kiss her teachers neck nook.
( not really... Just trying to be funny)
I once again walked out of that classroom feeling blessed to have such natural students for daughters.

Crew's classroom was next.
I have never been to a p.t.c. For Crew before.
I only knew what he reported to me.
( or what I saw when I spy on him while he is at recess)
( yes, that has happened)
He reports only basic information to me... Such as, " I got very sweaty at recess today. " or " I only punched him because he tried to punch me." etc.

I walked in and saw his darling teacher smiling at me.
I truly didn't know what to expect.
Academics or behavior reports could go either way.
She showed me his test scores.
( I took a deep breath)
" Crew has had the highest scores in our class on every test so far this year.
He is the most solid student in the class. I know that he will know the answer to my questions. He is a very bright boy!!"
She went on to share multiple sweet comments about how obedient he is and how his smile melts her. I felt like a sponge. I soaked up each positive comment and put it into the archives of my brain. I filed them right over the top of the reports that said, " this child will require an IEP for all of his education future."
( and all others like it)

I cried happy tears as I again realized I had been a witness ( and a beneficiary) to a miracle.
A real, live, straight from heaven miracle.
I love knowing that my Heavenly Father Knows my babes.
And wants to bless them.
He hears my prayers.
And has blessed each if my children with a fantastic teacher.
He has literally healed my sons brain.
( and I am daily watching him heal his heart as well.)

Grateful is the way I feel today.
Very grateful.

3 comments:

Stephanie Evans said...

Awww! What a wonderful day! Nothing better than hearing from teachers that your children are excelling! You have a lot to be proud of! That's really exciting for Crew, especially.

P.S. I don't know that I ever want to go to a teacher's conference for Collin. I will be bracing myself for the {I hate to break it to you, but drives me crazy} look. Ay yi yi.

Shelley Goodman said...

It's amazing what love and positive reinforcement can do for a child. What an amazing thing for Crew. You might have a doctor on your hands!

Adam and Jess said...

I'm nervous for these meetings for Paxton but what a wonderful surprise for you that Crew is not only meeting the standards, but the most solid student in the class. Positive reinforcement works wonders. I am always embarrassed about how much I have to catch up on, but like how ambitious your list is of things that need to get done before you're thirty. Good goals!