Tuesday, September 18, 2012

2 whole weeks.


A schmorgesborg of pictures.
{and accompanying mini tales}


At first glance, this picture appears self explanatory.
{but there is more to this story}
Apparently this is not Crew's urine.
{this is Tate's}
digest that piece of info for a second....
I know.
{I still shouldn't be surprised}
buuuuut, Crew is.
{obviously}
Apparently crew was standing near Tate as he was relieving himself.
{and Tate turned to talk to his bro.}
Wow. 
Crew is an amazing brother!


Tate begged me to learn how to vacuum.
{BEGGED}
I realized that this could definitely be a benefit for me.
So I taught him.
{and then sat back and watched him go}
I may begin watching soaps and eating bon bons while Tate vacuums... daily.




a little over a week ago we bought a new suburban.
{new to us at least}
It is beautiful.
After 2 days, I had to bring it in for a small repair on a headlight and I was informed that it had to have something else done too.
good news: all was under warranty
bad news: it needed to stay over night
good news: they would provide me with a rental car.
Macy and I unloaded carseats and a back full of groceries from the burb 
{since this was supposed to be a 15 minute repair stop} 
and waited for the rental to arrive.


my reaction to what drove up...
{what the?}
I guess I naively assumed that since they were taking my 8 passenger vehicle I would be given a 5 or 6 seater sedan.
I truly laughed as I drove home in my 4 seater Kia.
{since I refused to pay the extra for a larger car}
It was awesome picking up all of my kiddos from school in this baby.
It hummed down the street and the horn was like pinching a clowns nose.
it was truly hilarious.
{although the 36 mpg was rockin'}

I learned to love that little thing.
{and my children still refer to it as "the tiny car"}
I guess I must be spoiled rotten after driving SUV's for so many years.
But I love me some space!
I was so thrilled to jump into my gas guzzling ton of metal, stretch out my legs, 
and know that I had decreased my carbon footprint in only 24 hours.
{heck yes}

Ahhh, just another week in paradise!




2 comments:

Shelley Goodman said...

A new car?! Man, you and Stephanie are the lucky dogs. I hope you pumped some Party Rock Anthem in that Kia. Can't wait for Thursday!

Amy said...

Poor Crew! I believe light sabre reinactment was my boys' finest bathroom moment. Cried then, laugh now. Loved the Kia, and mostly the picture of your surprise!!