For the past 3 years we have had 11 am church.
{3 years}
Most of the time it changes in January.
{but somehow we have managed to hold onto the 11 am spot}
We have had wards change in our building and a ward divide.
{and have squeaked by without moving into the dreaded "late spot"}
until 2013.
On the first Sunday of 2013, I woke up and did my usual Sunday morning routine early.
{I try to be mostly ready by breakfast}
And then I realized my freshly coiffed hair would be far less fresh in 6 hours.
{and don't get me started about the under eye concealer}
I fed my darlings breakfast
{except for the fasting one}
We played and destroyed and built.
We tattled and wrestled and crafted.
{and the clock was hardly moving}
how on earth did an extra 2 hours feel like for.ev.er?
I finally helped encourage them to get dressed in their church clothes.
{and by encouraged I mean begged}
Fed lunch to the littles and we were off to church... in the pm.
The house was destroyed, the tattling/whining was at an all time high, and my patience was dangling from a very small thread.
{and it was fast Sunday}
{so my emotions were also unpredictable}
Crew had a talk in primary, that he had only practiced once.
{since he screamed and ran every other time I had tried to review it with him}
I had all but forgotten the fact that they all had new classes and teachers today.
{or that my tiny baby Macy was now a Sunbeam}
{and was leaving me in nursery all alone}
Things got better through sacrament meeting.
{isn't it amazing how feeling the spirit does that?}
Jake helped me bring our littlest little to the primary room to sit in the little chairs up front.
{I think he knew he couldn't trust me to actually leave her}
And Ashlinn went to Senior Primary!!
I assisted Crew in giving a very sweet talk about "Heavenly Fathers Plan for him".
{which he gave like he had heard it 100 times}
I walked to nursery and was told that I could go to the grown ups class since they only had 2 kids in nursery that day.
I sat in class and felt alone, but good.
My mind wasn't busy.
It just got to absorb the goodness.
When Relief Society was finished, I walked to the nursery room, as I have for 8 years, and opened the door and called for Macy.
I was quickly reminded that she is not in nursery anymore.
{"She is big now", they said}
I teared up right there in the door way.
I didn't have a baby in nursery anymore.
How could this possibly be?
I definitely embarrassed myself as I walked out in tears.
{just in time to be greeted by 5 big kids running down the church hallway, at full speed ahead, toward me.
{mine. all mine}
This new Sunday schedule really worked me over today.
I have made the decision to only let it get better.
Because this is Heavenly Fathers Plan for me.






No comments:
Post a Comment