Over the last few years Shelley, Casey, Jake and I have talked about going on a trip together.
{I think it was our hubbys as much as it was us}
Each time we brought it up, we put on the back burner as a "someday" kinda thing.
Until a few months ago...
Jake and Casey decided to pull the trigger and plan a weekend trip to Vegas.
Shelley and I did the internet searching and flight plans, but we left the rest up to them,
With Shelley being due with her baby girl in a few weeks, we knew it was now or not for a few years.
We flew out early on a Friday morning after delivering our kids to kind friends and family.
We got to Vegas at 7:30 am.... That is the only time people in Vegas actually sleep, I guess.
It was awesome to feel like we had "the strip" to ourselves for an hour or 2.
We started off our eating binge fest weekend with a breakfast buffet.
It was dee. lish. ous.
Then we began our walking.
Las Vegas has amazing architecture, details, and enormous hotels and malls.
Amazing.
It was slightly sprinkling, but when we got to the stratosphere rides, the rain had stopped.
We were so high on that building that I started to sweat profusely.
I may have a fear of heights.
{i was freezing cold with crazy armpit sweat rings}
{sexy}
I was just really, really glad that Shelley couldn't ride, so I had an excuse to watch at the side.
and not puke... or die.
{one of the many darling bathrooms we visited}
This photo was taken as we were going to our 3rd buffet.
{the best of the 3}
{I should've worn my stretchy pants}
Just looking at this photo makes me nervous for my baby daddy hovering over the city!!
We had a fantastic time exploring Vegas.
We walked a ton, ate even more, and laughed a lot.
I love friends!
Thanks Shelley and Casey for a fab weekend!
{ note to self: it's called sin city for a reason}
{all kinds of crazy people up in there}
4 comments:
I am so glad we finally made it happen! We had a blast, you guys are awesome!!!
Did I tell you that Ashlinn told me that you went to "Party Hearty" with your friend before she had her baby." I was laughing so much that morning. ;)
Sweet Vacay! What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas!
"The city of sin, city of sin....good girls gone bad, the city's filled with them" came to mind. How fun that you guys just made it happen and went. The food was amazing when we went to the Alladin buffet. Is that one of the places you went? It reminded Adam of the spice market he went to in China. It's truly the only time I've seen him stuff himself silly.
Post a Comment