Thursday, February 14, 2013

five. cinco. TATE.

Tate turned 5 last week.
FIVE.
{5}

Holy guacamole.

The night before his birthday-eve, Tate said to me,
"What kind of birthday party am I having tomorrow with my friends?"
Me: {blank stare} then a perky, "we will see!"

Whoops. 
I guess I should have asked him if he wanted a party.
{since he has never had one before}

So I got on my phone, text 2 of his besties moms, and arranged a "birthday play date".
{at mcdonalds play place}
{i know, mom of the year}

Tater was SO surprised in the morning when I told him about our lunch plans.
These 3 boys were sweaty and loving every second!



Tate chose to decorate his own cake.
{he had picked out candy eyeballs and licorice hair earlier}


One for the cake, one for me.

The finished product.





Never was any child so proud of their birthday cake.



Birthday morning.
{new clothes}



{apparently a belt should have been included too.}
{i spy lightning mcqueen}

{and a new bike!}
{with pegs}
{thanks dad?}




LOVE THIS BOY!
Tate is truly a joy.
An amazing kid.
A few years ago, I never thought I would actually think that, but I do now.
{shocker}
He is quick to love and forgive.
He has a quick witty humor.
He knows what is right and usually does it.
He can be tough. but is sensitive too.
I have felt many times that his exact personality was a gift.
Exactly what our family needed.
I am the luckiest mom in the world.
Here's to many more...




No comments: