I have a fantastic memory... sometimes.
Well, I remember Hallie like this...
{I can hardly look at these photos without crying tears}
Oh boy, she was delicious!!!!
She has always been a beautiful, smiling girl.
Well, last Saturday she turned 8 years old.
{what?!}
And was baptized be her amazing Dad.
It's hard for me to wrap my head around.
Here is Hallie 8 years later...
Every bit as delicious, smiling and beautiful as she used to be.
She was overly anxious about planning the details of her "after baptism lunch".
It must be purple and white, have all kinds of chocolate free treats, and invite everyone she knows... or has ever met.
{I sadly had to reign in the last part}
She got her very own set of scriptures.
{With a very official gold, embossed name on front.}
On Saturday morning I was getting the last few things into place, so I gave Ashlinn my camera and asked her to get to work.
She didn't disappoint with these beauts...
Hallie invited several members of her school class to her baptism.
Non of whom are members of our church.
Three of the kids came.
Two brought their parents with them.
I had a mom call me after school on Friday and ask, "Would you mind if my son and my husband came to Hallie's baptism? They would love to be there."
Of course, I told her we would welcome them.
{and then send the missionaries too :)}
I also had Hallie's teacher walk across campus at the end of the school day to tell me how sad she was that she would have to miss Hallies baptism because of other plans.
I don't think there is a single child/teacher in second grade that didn't know and/or get invited to her baptism.
Hallie has a gift of friendship and loving others for sure.
{missionary work is not difficult for her}
{another of Ash's photo skills}
All 3 of my girls sang "The rainbow song".
{this was the practice}
And of course, she was baptized and given the gift of the Holy Ghost.
There is nothing so wonderful as watching your children make fantastic choices.
{and your husband use the priesthood}
Jake challenged Hallie a few months ago to start praying if she should get baptized.
I hope I always remember the day she came out with a very serious face and said, "I know I am supposed to get baptized. Heavenly Father told me."
I can only imagine what good the Holy Ghost will add to her already bright spirit.
We were so blessed to have a relief society room overflowing with family and friends and a house bustling with kind people afterward.
Saturday was definitely a "payoff" day.
Happy 8th birthday Hallie!







2 comments:
Don't ask me why but this post got me ready eyed. It's like I can feel her sweet spirit through the Internet! ;) It really is hard to believe she is 8!! And Macey is so big too! Your kids are going to be grown and out of the house before I'm even done birthing mine! Kind of makes me laugh!
From this post and others, I can tell she is really good with friendships and has a great personality. I like the picture of her in front of the temple, good idea. I can't believe she's 8. Did you make all that decor? It looks so cute. I've never made those pom pom balls.
I can't wait to hear stories about being primary pres. Are we THAT old? You'll do great with your enthusiasm.
Post a Comment