Monday, July 1, 2013

Baby on the way.

My man hates keeping secrets.
Especially good secrets.
Each time we found out we were expecting a baby, he told people minutes after he knew.
(That's why when Tate was on the way, I didn't tell jake for a while) 
I apparently like secrets. 

Jake made me promise that I would let the two of us be together when I took a pregnancy test.

I agreed to those terms... as long as he would keep it a secret for at least a month.

He agreed.

I bought 2 pregnancy tests and took both of them early one morning before jake left for work.

I was pretty confident I was pregnant.
I was already nauseous, tired, and seriously emotional, but I needed confirmation.

Because it was dark... And super early, I took the digital test wrong.
(Hard to do, btw)
... And the other cheapie one I couldn't read the result. 
(It was garbage)

I sent jake to work, promising to buy another test that day.
(So I could take it the next morning)

I went to the gym and took one of my favorite bosu classes.
It was tough... As usual.
The difference was that I was barely hacking it.
 I was fighting hard to just get through the workout.
As class finished, I hobbled out of the room and promised myself I was buying a pregnancy test... Now! 
Either I was terminally ill... Or pregnant.

I stopped at the drug store and bought a 2 pack of tests.

I decided to take one and save the other for when jake was home.

I took the test and the "pregnant" lines appeared within seconds.
(No wait necessary)

I yelled, hollered, cried, and prayed.
(Yes I did)
I was so excited.

Then I took a photo and text my man.
He was equally excited.

(I am crazy blessed to have a hubby that will do back flips when it's our first... Or sixth)

And then I knew... Our lives were different from that point on... In a very good way.

And the month (plus) worth of secrecy began.





Me at 10 weeks. This baby doesn't wanna hide. 

1 comment:

Jared*Shawna*Skye*Bree said...

CONGRATS!!! Yep... You still look hot at 10 weeks!;) So excited for your family.