{i'm a huge fan}
My kids get out of school the first week in June and go back to school the last week of July.
6- 7 weeks is the exact perfect amount of summer if you ask me.
{and this is my blog, so you get my opinion, even if you didn't ask me}
Enough time to totally relax and reset.
Enough to have swim lessons.
Enough to take a vacay {or 2}
Enough to watch all of those netflix shows you have wanted to watch.
Enough lazy days spent in swimsuits and pjs.
{etc etc etc}
But not too much time to get totally, ridiculously bored, forget everything you learned during the year, or make your mom suck her thumb and rock back and forth in the corner.
{ya feel me?}
That being said, I was SOOOOO NOT ready for them to start school this year.
I think its finally hitting me that they are really, truly getting older.
Ashlinn will be in 4th grade.
{thats like a big deal}
and Tate... that little darling baby stinker... in kindergarten!?!?!?!
{did I mention our school district ONLY has all day kindergarten?}
So not cool.
I prayed... and fasted like crazy.
{each year I pray and fast for them to be with the teacher and the friends that will help them become whom the Lord needs them to be}
Ashlinn and Hallie joined me in this fast during the fast Sunday in July.
I fretted and fretted.
Then just a few days before school began, they got their teacher assignments in the mail.
{I was more nervous than they were}
Ashlinn got the same teacher she {and Hal} had for kindergarten.
{she loves my kids, what else could I want?}
And to put the icing on the cake, Ashlinns 2, best, LDS friends are in her class too.
{hello tender mercy!}
Hallie and Crew both got great teachers too.
We heard great things about both of them!
{we didn't get the ones I hoped to avoid!}
{whoop whoop}
Kindergarteners go in for testing and then get placed accordingly.
When I looked at the postcard for Tate with all of the kinder teachers names, I didn't see either of the teachers I was hoping he would get.
New teachers this year.
{add to my anxiety}
thankyouverymuch.
We went in for Tates testing just 2 days before school began.
As we walked into the classroom for testing, there sat Crew's amazing kinder teacher from last year.
{the one I was hoping Tate would get}
I told her my disapointment that she wasn't teaching kinder this year.
Then I heard the best news, she had gotten married over the summer... so her name was different.
She WAS teaching!
She then quietly asked me if I would mind if she put "dibbs" on Tate for her class.
I think I may have hugged her and kissed her neck nook.
{not really, but mentally}
I felt so comfortable being in his classroom, with a teacher I trusted, that I knew saw the good in my kids.
We walked around and saw classrooms for each child and I wrapped my head around the fact that they would be going to school.
I felt Heavenly Fathers hand in planning this coming school year.
And I finally began to be happy for them.
The first day of school came quickly.
{and of course they looked super adorbs}
We dropped off my little buddies.
They jumped out of the car and ran off to school without looking back.
{Im so proud of them}
Macy and I cam home to a quiet house for the first time in weeks.
We cleaned, showered, and drove in the car to lunch with friends.
On the way in the car, Macy said, "hey guys, look at that!"
{pointing out the window at something totally random}
Suddenly she looked around the car, searching for at least one sibling to oooh and awe over the piece of garbage she thought was completely mesmerizing outside her window.
When she remembered that it was just she and me, she burst into tears.
{not just any tears, but horribly, sad, lonely, alligator tears}
"I miss my Ashinn, Hayee, Crewser and Taterbuddy!!!!!"
{I may or may not have cried with her}
It is definately way quiet around here during the day.
I am happy to report that all 4 of my school bound rugrats had a fantastic day.
They made new friends, enjoyed the BLT's they got in their lunch box, and were excited to see Macy and I at the end of it all.
We are gonna get used to this.







No comments:
Post a Comment