Friday, August 9, 2013

11 years. Blessed beyond belief.

Jake and I had a wedding anniversary.
Ya know, just celebrating 11 years of marital bliss.
No big deal.

{ya, right}
11 years sounds like a crazy long time to me.
{in a good way, of course}

Our anniversary falls typically during the first weeks of school.
{so this limits date/bbsitter availability}
This year it was on a weekday, no less.
Jake and I decided we would celebrate with a date night that weekend.
Dinner date? yes please.
{even 2 days after the anniversary}

As fine as we were with delaying our celebrations, our children were obviously disturbed by our non-celebration on the actual day of.
They woke up early and made Jake his morning protein shake for breakfast.
They "made" me my favorite yogurt.
They made my bed for me.
they even left a generous gift on our pillow.

I smiled all day at these adorable babes I have.
The kids and i made a special dinner together... with a tablecloth.
Jake and I both agreed that this was a pretty cool way to celebrate a wedding.
{with the offspring that make it so much fun}



{generous gift}
That is a bouncy ball... taped on.
{how do i turn this photo?!?!}

{they made my bed...minus the comforter}

the breakfast they made for me. 
{please note they pulled off an actual strawberry stem as garnish}
{impressive!!}


11 years ago...



Now, I wish I could finish this up with a photo of jake and I on our romantic date night at Fogo de choa, but I completely forgot to make Jake take a photo with me.

Soooooo, just picture me looking irresistably glamorous and Jake hot as ever.
{because that's exactly what happened}

Happy 11 years to us!

No comments: