Wednesday, August 7, 2013

we survived the first 2 weeks of school...

{yes we did}
Macy and Taes after school greeting during that first week was PRICELESS!
{reunited and it feels so good}

For the first few days of school, there were swim lessons after school.
At the end of school, my boys had SO MUCH energy.
They were almost literally bouncing off of the walls.
{I was more than happy to let them "swim off" some excess energy.
Their poor swim teacher!
She is typically the very most patient person in the entire whole wide world, but they had her wanting to quit.
She even got pretty stern with them as they were canon balling into the pool during the entire class time.
{oh boy}
They were talking a mile a minute and moving like they had had 17 fun dips.
{I know the feeling}
I sat there giggling that sitting at their desks and being quiet {all day} must have been really difficult.
{so they were expending an entire days worth of 5 and 6 year old boy energy... right now}
After 30 minutes of swimming and treading water, Crew asked me, "can I run home?"
{heck yes you can!}
We drove next to him as he ran a pretty brisk pace all the way home.
I love my boys!



My sweet Crew Jacob lost one of his top teeth.
It is no secret that I am a sucker for missing front teeth.
This little guy can pretty much get waway with anything when he flashes that toothless smile at me.
{on another positive note: the tooth fairy remembered to come... on the first night this time}
{props to her}


We were going out to dinner as a family and I asked the kids to get ready.
This is how they returned....

Tate with  cape and knee high socks.
{and an obvious super hero pose}

Toothless cruiser giggling and fake punching.
{just the usual.}

Ash sayinh, "Heyyyyy."

the incredible hulk/ Hallie.

... and my baby. 
{singing a song}
My life is SO not boring.

One day during the 2nd week of school I woke up and started thinking about the day.
I realized that the house was clean. my vt was done, my hair was washed, my lesson was planned.
{now what?}

So, I took my little mini side kick for some pedicures.
She loved it.
I loved it more.
Yes, she is that spoiled rotten.


and lastly, my big girlies riding a bike down the street.
One pedals, the other rides on the pegs.
This brought me such nostalgia.
I remember doing the same thing when I was their age.... except I was sitting on the handlebars.
{we weren't classy enough to have pegs}
I love seeing them being kids. Its seriously the best!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Love the last few posts. Your baby post made me cry with you. And kids growing up - yep, crying again. So, a not crying question for you. Did you paint the frames for the "1st day of...." pics. I need to know how asap!!! Because I love them and they would match my house.