Tuesday, March 23, 2010

spring break with snow.

We wanted to do something for spring break.
{go somewhere}
We thought about Cali.
the lines would be long and the beaches too cold for enjoyment.
Rocky Point would be awesome.
But drunk, naked people at spring break isn't what we were looking for.
Jake mentioned Show Low.
sure. why not.
We booked a hotel room and got in the car.
I had checked the weather...64 degrees.
Cold, but not freezing.
Long sleeves, jeans and light jackets.
We began driving and soon saw white stuff along the road.
It couldn't be.
It's March,
{oh it could}
It was Tate and Crew's first snow experience.
{tate wasn't thrilled, until he realized he could eat it}
ashlinn and hallie were thrilled beyond words.
{it was more fun than they hoped}
crew pointed out every single snow cluster he could see on the drive
We drove to a cabin and found a winter wonderland.
the girls were excited to get out of the car, but soon found that shoes with no socks = wet, cold feet.
We were not prepared, but braved it out.

{and had a fantastic time}

We played outside in the snow and  swam in the indoor pool.
Snow trip...Willis style.
It was so nice to get away.
and relax.

{side note: when you don't pack enough clothes for all of the wet snow play, sometimes your kids drive home pantsless}

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear we are not the only ones who come home pantless sometimes. ;) I'm talking about the boys of course. ;) You could have asked me. I've learned my lesson about going to the white mountains in March.

Stephanie Evans said...

Pantsless... haha

I got a good laugh out of "64 degrees... cold but not freezing". Oh how I WISH that was my attitude! I've been dying for 50 degree weather! I'd seriously be in shorts.

I'm glad you had fun in Show Low. Your description of Rocky Point also made me laugh. I'm fairly anti- Mexico, and it's now known throughout the Evans family (a fairly pro Mexico family). I just found out they booked the Drigg's cabin for a week of fun over summer vaca (come again...fun?). But I guess they chose that because first choice was Rocky Point but Trav had previously told them I would not go. (If I was told it was the family vaca destination I would consider it, but there's a good chance I'd be MIA)I think that makes me a brat, but I have a plethora of reasons for resisting corrupted Mexico... and you named a few. Did you like my novel? :)

Shelley Goodman said...

Family Vaca's are da bomb. You probably would never heard that come out of my mouth 12 years ago. Wish I would have realized that. We were boring and NOTHING. So to say the least our trip to the park was as fun as it got.

Adam and Jess said...

64 degrees? I can't believe they even have any snow left. We got snowed in for a while and had crazy amounts of snow, and nothing now. I'm like Steph though and it's still a little chilly, but I'm in shorts. I've got to work on this tan. What a fun "family-friendly" no-nudity (well except a little from Crew) spring break.
I'm doing the sugar diet too, how funny. I just plan to start on Sunday though.