Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Spring Break week 2

In the city where we live, we have almost year 'round school.
{i mostly like that}
For spring break we got 2 1/2 weeks off.
Although my house wasn't clean or quiet for 2 weeks, we began new traditions, had a family first, and had our first 2010 swimsuit party.

Celebrate good times
our friends told us that in "vacation days" from school, their kids get to campout.
{on the couch}
We thought that was a fun, easy way to make school holidays special.
{so we gave it a whirl}
I came out of my bedroom one morning to find Ashlinn reading to Crew and Hallie.


my heart melted.
They couch camped for 5 days and they would like to do it every night.

A Willis family first!
  On our drive home from our snow trip, Ashlinn announced she had a loose tooth.
We all took turns wiggling it and making guesses how long it would stay in her mouth.
She and Hallie were so proud to proclaim to everyone they saw that,
"Ashlin has a loose tooth!"
It only took a few days until it was dangling by a nubbin.
Jake got out the dental floss and pulled.
 The tooth popped out, hit the ceiling, and landed somewhere in the family room.
We found it...thank goodness.

 Ashlinn went outside and called the tooth fairy
{is this a lines tradition or do other people do this too?}
wrote a note, asking to keep her first baby tooth, and went to bed.


"Dear Tooth Fairy
Leave my tooth please.
Ashlinn Willis"

The tooth fairy came and left her tooth.
I think her toothless smile is adorable.

the first 2010 Swimsuit Party
It finally warmed up to 80 degrees, so the kids could have a "real" spring break.
{the swimsuit wearing kind}
No, I didn't tell them to pose this way.

Sometimes you get so excited to play in the sprinklers, you put your underwear on inside out AND backwards


I have to say that Spring Break 2010 was a big success.
{although I am not sure how I am, going to handle 8 weeks of summer}

4 comments:

Ginger said...

Congrats on loosing the first tooth! That is such a fun milestone. Looks like you all had a wonderful spring break! Oh, and it must be a Lines thing becauseI never called the tooth fairy. Sounds fun!

Jenna said...

My kids sleep on the couch every time it's a break like that. They'll watch movies all night while I just go to bed! Even Denim will sleep with them. Crazy Ashlinn lost a tooth. My kids don't lose teeth until they are 8, or if they are knocked out! Late bloomers. 8 weeks of summer... Hmmm not sure I'd make it in this house another summer with no yard to at least have a slip n slide. Good thing I'll be at the beach all summer!

Shelley Goodman said...

i didn't know you had 2 weeks for spring break. So I had to skip the loose tooth section of this post so I wouldn't dry heave or shiver from head to toe a million times. I don't know what I am going to do when that time comes for me. Happy week 2 spring break.

said...

Oh my goodness, WOW! That's awesome! I was just wondering the other day how old they are when they start loosing teeth- good to know! I can't believe you were already in swimsuits, my kids are like me and get cold way too easy :-) Your kids are so cute!