Thursday, March 4, 2010

almost summer

So, it is March.
{you know, spring break month}
The very same spring break month that used to signify "almost summer".
{in Arizona, at least}
My friends and I would plan our spring break to include nothing but laying out on the roof and eating sonic "poop ice".
And listening to some radical tunes, of course.
{in the warmth}
I thought about this today, and wondered how I had the courage to put on a swimsuit in this not-so-warm March weather.
{not like cold, but not so warm either}
Then I realized something...
Maybe I don't have the same ambition to be tan.
I no longer brave the chilly spring wind, in a swimsuit, on a roof, with a spray bottle, and ice cubes.
All in the name of Tanning.
{when did this happen?}
I guess I have grown up a little bit.
{or maybe not...}
Nowdays, I just head to the store and buy a can of the spray on golden goodness.
{and never need to put on a swimsuit}
{or bend my body trying to tan my inner or outer thigh}
Maybe I should rename this post "ode to the sunless tanner"
{'cuz it is}

With that taken care of...
Now what am I gonna do for spring break?
Happy March.

5 comments:

Stephanie Evans said...

Thong tha thong thong THONG! Haha, remember that tune. And don't forget Vitamin C's Graduation song. That's what I think of when I think "spring break". Tanning on Jenni's roof and checking out the neighbors. Or maybe they were checking us out.... I tried to take Collin on a walk today. It was 36 degrees. But the sun was out and it was a "nice" day. We were both chilled to the bone by the time we got home. It may be spring break... but it's not spring here :( What I wouldn't give for some tanning!

Shelley Goodman said...

I know, let's ride our bikes tomorrow in our bikini's!

Amy said...

I've taken it one step further. No spray tan--just no tan at all. I figure with the glare, no one can really tell if my thighs are jiggly or if it's a strange wave effect off the extrememly bright light. I think I must be what the book of mormon was talking about when it mentions "fair and delightsome". I'm just that pure!

I do have my own fond memories of cooking oil and the roof during spring break. Thanks for bringing them back.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see it was not just us crazy mountain girls who would sit up on the roof in 50 degree weather in March, all in the name of a tan. ;)

Adam and Jess said...

This takes me back to some good times. Remember the day we realized Josh Alston told his parents we were tanning and it became an "issue". I can't tan my face for the life of me now, and in Pittsburgh, the rest of my body isn't looking much better:(