Saturday, February 27, 2010

{Cheap and easy}



Here are a few cute, cheap projects, in case you have some free time.

I co-taught  a Relief Society meeting on "dolling up" flip flops.
We bought $2 dollar flip flops and added ribbon, bling, and/or buttons and...
Wahlah!
You should have seen some of the other ladies.
Adorable.
{Amazing what difference a few details make}

Also, a friend emailed me a link to a blog that made some really cute hearts for valentines day.
I was already set with v day decor, so i tweaked the project a little...

and made this clover.
i went to the dollar store and got one of those shiny green clovers that is cardboard.
I cut strips of fabric and hot glued them right on.
it looks funky and cute...so easy too.
{if i do say so myself}

Last, but not least...
I wanted a sign to go next to my candy jar.
{full of clearance green vday candy}
I had a piece of wood that had been used for something else.
{remade into this}
with only some scrap paper, letters, and leftover ribbon.
The cute clover was 1.00 at michaels.

Now I am looking for other cheap fun ideas.
{pass them along, won't ya}

8 comments:

Stephanie Evans said...

My my, those are darling. Most people don't even have St. Patty's day decor, and you have super duper cute decor! And really cheap too. You should have an Etsy store.

So my hair... thanks for the compliment cuz I'm pretty grossed out by it. The bangs are too wide, and too short and the color makes me look super pale. Hmpf. But I can't complain on the blog because my friend out here did it. Oh well.Hair grows. Not the end of the world.

Shelley Goodman said...

ooo, I likey! Since when do they have green v-day candy?

Ginger said...

I'm loving the St. Patrick's Day decorations! What great ideas.

Jared*Shawna*Skye*Bree said...

Those are so stinkin cute. I totally did not get the creative gene in my family. Wish I could do stuff like that!

Cicily said...

Dude. Amazing.

Anonymous said...

so jared said i need to invite you over so we can brainstorm and you can help me decorate my living room. ;)

Shannon said...

soooo cute!

Leah Martineau said...

Ok that's it.....we are WAY to much alike I can't take it any more. =) I've been decorating for St. Patricks Day for years now and I'm so glad to see some new ideas. I posted the ones I did last year so you can go and look back to 2009 and I need to post this years. I love swaping ideas!!! Ok I know March just got here but lets start thinking about Easter stuff =)