She had talked about and planned this day for months...and months.
Each night at dinner, we would hear about the activity/food she anticipated for her birthday celebration.
{her mind changed almost daily}
Since we only have a "party" every other year, she knew this year would be a family day.
{she was in charge of choosing food and activities}
I asked her what she wanted to eat...
"packets of blueberry oatmeal for breakfast, frozen taquitos for lunch, and pasta with broccoli and white sauce for dinner."
{no hesitation}
I shopped accordingly.
When asked what she wanted to Do, she was stumped between two fun things.
{but chose a real winner}
We woke her up with the birthday song and gifts.
Her daddy picked out the bike himself.
{darling}
She was so thrilled that hte only "job" she had to do today was get dressed.
and ride this.
{her bike has a place where her barbie can ride too.
{her dream come true}
Then off we went to her chosen location.
{Jump and Shout}
{super excited to have the place all to ourselves}
{hooray for Tuesday mornings}
{Tate has unrational fears of inflatable things}
{snot and tears...classy}
after a little of this...
{tears turned into this}
{it was a great workout chasing and jumping}
{all in the middle of a Tuesday}
Then back home for cake and icecream.
{hal requested a ballerina cake}
{i did my best...}
and got a ballerina cankle.
{i know you are chuckling}
We had a wonderful day celebrating my baby girl's 5th....
{planned 100% by her}
Spotlight on Hallie Maya:
favorite food: cheeseburgers and oatmeal
favorite color: red and hot pink
favorite movie: the Barbie series...yes, all of them
favorite toy/activity: dolls and stuffed animals
other things you should know: she wears dresses/skirts 6 days a week, she draws and writes for hours each day, her poses and facial expressions will crack you up, she snuggles SO well, she is super grateful for everything...and means it, she would like to change her outfit several times each day, she will be an incredible mom someday.
I love this girly!
10 comments:
Happy Birthday Hallie!! I love her, and her belly roll! :)
Hope it was a great one, Hallie!! How did you get so lucky to have Daddy and Ashlinn on a Tuesday morning? I want to go to Jump & Shout with you!!
Happy Birthday Hallie! ;)
How does she bend her leg like that? Happy birthday!
love the bike! i never had a spot for my barbie....but then again i always found my barbies disassembled with the GIjoes in the back yard...
That is a fantastic cankle cake! I LOVE it! (even if it has a lot of sugar :-)
Yes I chuckled :) Yea for Hallie's day! I also liked Tater's crying episode. Kids are great.
that ballerina cake was bombtastic, cankle and all! Happy b-day Hallie you rooock!
Can't beleive she's that old! Looks like a lot of fun! Sounds like our kids birthdays! You and Jake pose in pictures more than any other couple I've ever seen... That's funny. Damon hates pictures.
What a fun day for your family!
Post a Comment