After waiting for a little while after Hallie to get prego, I was nervous to "start" the baby phase again. After prayer and thought, Jake and I both felt it was time to build our little family more, so we {meaning I} shopped for the perfect maternity health insurance that would pay for ob care and birth. I found the one that looked like the best deal. This plan had a 12 month waiting period until delivery, so we thought out when we would discontinue birth control and still be in the "safe" zone. If delivery occured before February 1st 2008, the insurance would pay NOTHING! After making the descision, we knew that babies were born early, sometimes months early, so we made it a matter of prayer. We told the Heavenly Father that He was in charge of WHEN we would get prego and deliver. We would leave it in His hands. You can imagine my surprise when I found out I was prego less than a month after we had stopped using birth control. That put our due date 6 days...6 days after the the start of the "safe zone". I didn't tell Jake I was pregnant for 3 weeks, hoping that somehow that would delay my due date a few weeks. (it didn't work) Although we would be cutting it close, I knew that the Lord was in charge. {I kept reminding myself}
During December of 2007, I was 7 months big, when we got a letter in the mail from the insurance company saying that there was a change in the wording of our policy. Pregnancy and delivery would only be covered if we waited 12 months to GET pregnant. I was shocked. I called the insurance company and made sure it didn't apply to ME..I was already pregnant, under the old wording. After talking to 7 different people, I was told that it did apply to me. All I needed to do was wait 5 months to deliver. {scoff at stupidity} I didn't know what to do. I could feel my dreams of an epidural slipping through my fingers{they cost an extra $1500 when you pay cash}. Jake and I knew that we had given the timing to the Lord, He knew we would get through whatever was ahead of us.
After making official complaints through the Insurance company and writing letters to the AZ Board of Insurance, we got a call before Christmas telling us that they would make an exception and cover us...as long as we didn't deliver before Feb. 1st. This was our goal. Keeping Tate in my belly became our main priority...no lifting, long walks, spicy food, or bumpy roads. January 31st rolled around and I was still pregnant. We felt so blessed.
Late in the afternoon of Jan. 31st, I realized that I was "allowed" to go into labor at any moment. I planned on giving birth ON Feb. 1st, because I didn't want to be prego a day longer than necessary. I cleaned the garage, walked 8 miles pushing a double stroller, ate spicy food....by Feb 3rd I was annoyed thate Tate was still inside. {so fast to be UNgrateful} I went to my Dr. and he told me that I had made no progress. I cried on the table...naked from the waist down. {did I mention I was HUGE pregnant?} He set me up to be induced on my due date, Feb. 6th. I knew the end would be soon. I began laughing as I thought about Heavenly Father planning Tate's birth day. He wanted me to remember WHO was really in charge. {as I had prayed SO many times that He would be} Tate was born on his due date...without needing to be induced. {Just the way Heavenly Father planned.}
November= Lots of Birthday Boys
1 day ago
6 comments:
I'm glad things worked out for you guys. Last week my dr. said I'm 3 cm and 80% percent effaced and said I could come any day now. Welp, I'm still waiting!! I know Heavenly Father is in charge and she'll come when he says it time but my patience is very slim these days with lack of sleep. Oh, I just want her here!
I have to admit, testing a pregnant woman is one of the cruel injustices of life, but maybe we get double points when we come through it trusting Him instead of muttering under our breath. I'd like to hope so!!
All I have to say is that insurance is a freakin CROCK! We are learing this as we get bill after bill from the hospital. Gurr. I am glad Heavenly Father had the best intentions for you. Share the love!
I remember your stress during this time. I think I will always remember Tate's birthday because whenever someone asked you your due date you'd say:
"After Feb. 1st."
And then we waited....and waited...and waited... ;)
Ah, being overdue.... Hearing someone talk about it makes it sound like they are exaggerating but it really is the most awful experience imaginable. Why? I don't know. But it is. Just awful. Plus, I got most of my stretch marks during those last two weeks. Really cute.
Post a Comment