Wednesday, January 27, 2010

{To the rescue}

On Monday when Jake came home from work and I told him about our day...
{not one of my top 100 "I'm so thrilled I'm a stay at home mom!" days}
{see below post for pictoral examples}
He told me that instead of putting the kids to bed 3 hours early {my plan}, he would come up with and carryout a family home evening that we would all enjoy.
{All i needed to do was make dinner and get ready for fun.}
After dinner and baths we got our pillow and blankets and laid on the tramp.
It was "look at the stars and learn about the creation" night.
{perfect for tempermental kiddos}






{the talent portion of the lesson}








It was cold, but not too cold.
{just right for a cozy blanket}







After a 1 1/2 minute lesson and some songs...the activity began.



{yes, they slept on those same pillowcases that night}









{it was the laughter we all needed}
{yet again another reason to LOVE this man}

5 comments:

Stephanie Evans said...

Daddy to the rescue!! I can't imagine how you felt with FOUR little ones to deal with... I had a bad day with just one :) I wish babies came with mute buttons sometimes. Collin has perfected the whole "Dumb and Dumber, most annoying sound in the world". Seriously, it sounds just like it. What a creative FHE. I am coveting your "just cold enough for a cozy blanket" weather. :)

Shelley Goodman said...

So fun. Those are the best kind of memories! We need to come jump.

BTW made my v-day banner...love!

the Robinsons said...

What a great guy! He always has the best ideas.

Amy said...

Love it when Daddy comes home!! And I laughed about your earlier "not top 100" days post. Thanks for the blogging connection, sista!!

Adam and Jess said...

It's hard with days like that. So I need some "fun Mom" ideas and you seem like you're pretty good at those. We don't really go outside with it being in the teens
:( Gage isn't crazy about coloring and I'm getting sick of playing the Wii to have fun, even though it's nice to have that one on one time.